Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    I am making a point how the SQE will be changing the legal landscape. But then don’t know how that would pose challenges for Ashurst to face.

Hi, sorry for my late reply I completely missed this notification. If you haven't already sent the app, I think the SQE poses challenges for most firms generally because it involves increased monetary and time investment into recruitment because of all the uncertainty surrounding it. In all honesty, I'm not the greatest expert on the SQE myself, but here's a great discussion thread on it, and I found this on Ashurst's own approach to the SQE.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Lily721

lozza_2

Distinguished Member
    Nov 25, 2019
    omg I saw this at 11:30 and just spent the last 30 mins in a massive stress trying to complete my application in time. I thought it was midnight and was going to spend the day going over my answers and editing... was not able to do that so I am defo expecting a rejection but wow what a stress 😓😓

Reactions: Mxkry

Mxkry

Legendary Member
    Oct 13, 2020
    I've screwed it then. Thought it was midnight! Looks like i'm applying for direct TC route instead.
    If you message grad recruitment there’s a possibility they might reopen it especially if you have filled in some of the application form. I know because I made the same mistake as you last time but they allowed me to submit the app

Jony

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Oct 19, 2020
    Hi guys,

I did the Ashurst AC last year and received a Winter VS offer which I then converted into a Summer offer because of visa issues. So I might see some of you this June! :)

Let me know if I can help any of you with the interview process - I'm happy to pass on what I learnt!

Jon

MI

Standard Member
    Aug 27, 2020
    Hi guys,

I did the Ashurst AC last year and received a Winter VS offer which I then converted into a Summer offer because of visa issues. So I might see some of you this June! :)

Let me know if I can help any of you with the interview process - I'm happy to pass on what I learnt!

Jon
    Hi Jon

I have heard that the interview will be competency-based - will they still ask you the standard questions of why law, why Ashurst etc.?

Could you also possibly shed any light on what the trainee Q&A will be like?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jony

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Oct 19, 2020
    Hi Jon

I have heard that the interview will be competency-based - will they still ask you the standard questions of why law, why Ashurst etc.?

Could you also possibly shed any light on what the trainee Q&A will be like?

Thanks in advance for your help.

DM me!

hd112211

• Feb 20, 2021
    Hi all! I didn't make it passed the online test round this time for the Ashurst VS. I was wondering if I apply for the direct TC, will I need to make changes to my application? Is it even worth applying for the direct TC?

whisperingrock

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
  • Sep 12, 2020
    Hi all! I didn't make it passed the online test round this time for the Ashurst VS. I was wondering if I apply for the direct TC, will I need to make changes to my application? Is it even worth applying for the direct TC?
    I don't know if you're actually allowed to apply to both a VS and TC in the same cycle. Depends on what Ashurst means when they say recruitment window, i.e. whether it refers to a specific scheme or the year cycle.

https://www.ashurst.com/en/careers/students-and-graduates/uk/vacation-schemes/what-you-need-to-know/

1614940277731.png

hd112211

• Feb 20, 2021

sm2020

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 2, 2021
    Just completed the Ashurst tests for a direct TC. I got 78% for Cognify and 91% for Emotify - could someone tell me whether this is good / bad I have no idea what they're expecting!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.