Baker McKenzie application question

Giulia

Dec 4, 2019
"Our strategies are driven around our clients and our people. Both go hand in hand, and one cannot succeed without the other. Please tell us what client focus and people focus mean to you, in a successful organisation like BM. Include any personal experience you think may be relevant to these discussions. (max 500)".

I am a bit confused about what they want me to include in this response and in turn I struggle in structuring my answer. Do you think they want me to (1) show my research and spot what they do in terms of strategy to focus on their people and their clients, or (2) say what I would do to focus my work on clients and people if I worked at BM and eventually back it up with personal experience?

Some help would be very much appreciated, thank you!
Giulia

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
"Our strategies are driven around our clients and our people. Both go hand in hand, and one cannot succeed without the other. Please tell us what client focus and people focus mean to you, in a successful organisation like BM. Include any personal experience you think may be relevant to these discussions. (max 500)".

I am a bit confused about what they want me to include in this response and in turn I struggle in structuring my answer. Do you think they want me to (1) show my research and spot what they do in terms of strategy to focus on their people and their clients, or (2) say what I would do to focus my work on clients and people if I worked at BM and eventually back it up with personal experience?

Some help would be very much appreciated, thank you!
Giulia

this is basically a motivation and fit question rolled into one. It’s trying to find out why you want to work in such a people focused service industry and why you think you’ll thrive in one.

I don’t think you “eventually” back it up with experience - I think you need to weave this into your answer.

Reactions: Giulia

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.