Bird & Bird Firm Challenge Question

Martika

Dec 6, 2018
"Based on your research, what do you understand to be the most significant challenge facing the firm at this current time? What has made you choose this challenge?"

Would it be appropriate to select a specific industry and discuss the challenges occurring there? Or should I focus on challenges that would affect the firm wide? From research about Bird & Bird they like targeted answers and industry knowledge.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    "Based on your research, what do you understand to be the most significant challenge facing the firm at this current time? What has made you choose this challenge?"

Would it be appropriate to select a specific industry and discuss the challenges occurring there? Or should I focus on challenges that would affect the firm wide? From research about Bird & Bird they like targeted answers and industry knowledge.

Hmm based on the way the question is phrased I'd lean towards a challenge that would affect the firm.

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018

Hmm based on the way the question is phrased I'd lean towards a challenge that would affect the firm.

Hi Martika,

I've just done a video interview with Bird & Bird so passed the application review stage and yeah as @Jaysen says, I chose to do a challenge that could affect the firm. In my case, I chose the US-China trade war and how this could affect Bird & Bird in China.

Hope this helps!

Best and good luck,
    Dan

Phoebe

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 25, 2018
    I've just received an invite for a video interview so I also passed the application review stage. My answer to this question focused on how staying competitive in the area of legal tech could be a challenge i.e. I talked about their Client Solutions, so yeah it was a challenge that was facing the firm.

@Daniel Boden how did you find the VI? I've failed VIs from other firms in the past so I'm quite nervous - I really like Bird & Bird so I want to do well!

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    I've just received an invite for a video interview so I also passed the application review stage. My answer to this question focused on how staying competitive in the area of legal tech could be a challenge i.e. I talked about their Client Solutions, so yeah it was a challenge that was facing the firm.

@Daniel Boden how did you find the VI? I've failed VIs from other firms in the past so I'm quite nervous - I really like Bird & Bird so I want to do well!

I found the VI pretty weird tbh - I got some pretty weird questions which largely all strength and competency-based but felt I was able to answer them reasonably well :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.