BPP PGDL Online (Dec ‘21/Jan ’22 start)

Staples

Legendary Member
  • Sep 11, 2020
    Hello,

Is anyone else here about to start the online PGDL with BPP? It was supposed to start in January, but I seem to understand that they pushed forward the starting date to 13 December (next Monday). Yet I still can’t see my timetable on Office 365, and the ‘welcome’ materials on The Hub seem to refer to the September 2021 cohort rather than the cohort I’m supposed to be part of. Also no learning materials yet, apparently.

I called them but they weren’t super helpful. They suggested getting in touch with the law school support team and gave me their number, but no one’s picking up the phone over there (today at least). Is anyone having similar (or different!) experiences?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hello,

Is anyone else here about to start the online PGDL with BPP? It was supposed to start in January, but I seem to understand that they pushed forward the starting date to 13 December (next Monday). Yet I still can’t see my timetable on Office 365, and the ‘welcome’ materials on The Hub seem to refer to the September 2021 cohort rather than the cohort I’m supposed to be part of. Also no learning materials yet, apparently.

I called them but they weren’t super helpful. They suggested getting in touch with the law school support team and gave me their number, but no one’s picking up the phone over there (today at least). Is anyone having similar (or different!) experiences?
    They have pushed forward the start date to ensure the cohort is still eligible for the LPC training contract route - all GDL courses have to start before 31 December for them to still be eligible.

Unfortunately, I cannot help with anything else, but I would just persevere with BPP. I suspect the "start date" is an official one and that you will find your academic really kick off in the new year.

Reactions: Staples

LlamaLaw

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 17, 2021
    Not explicitly for that cohort, but when I started, it was all very short notice. People got timetables a day or so in advance, and many couldn't access learning materials in advance and got them emailed to them instead. I know it's not a great deal of comfort, but it's quite feasible you'll see things appear as we get towards the end of the week.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.