Commercial issue application question

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi All,

When answering firm questions such as describe an issue you are following in the press and how it will affect x y z firm, would it be best to addresss both the positive and negative aspects and also your opinion? What are people’s thoughts on this?

Reactions: Campbell44

MightyMoe

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi All,

When answering firm questions such as describe an issue you are following in the press and how it will affect x y z firm, would it be best to addresss both the positive and negative aspects and also your opinion? What are people’s thoughts on this?

That is what I try to do. THe problem I have is that I can't always find as much for the other point of view or the negative aspects. And then I'm not quite sure how that fits into the impact on the firm. So I'd be interested in this answer too.

Reactions: Salma

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi All,

I'd say it's optional. It's nice to pick out the other side but I wouldn't make it too rigid in the sense of balancing the positives and negatives. The key is to have a clear opinion on the topic throughout your answer. Often that comes across better than sitting on the fence.

Salma

Legendary Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    I'd say it's optional. It's nice to pick out the other side but I wouldn't make it too rigid in the sense of balancing the positives and negatives. The key is to have a clear opinion on the topic throughout your answer. Often that comes across better than sitting on the fence.

Thanks! I think I will start off my answer with a positive note then address the negative impact on my chosen issue and then conclude with my opinion.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.