Fieldfisher 2023/24 Direct TC Application

John Doe

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 18, 2021
Hi @LlamaLaw, I have just received a telephone interview invite from Fieldfisher! May I ask you:

1. How many trainees were recruited in your cycle?
2. "The phone interview will be a mixture of competency, technical and motivational questions", I understand it may be too long ago to remember, would you say I am correct in thinking that "technical" refers to their practice areas & and the practical work that they do?

Thank you!

LlamaLaw

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Sep 17, 2021
Hi @LlamaLaw, I have just received a telephone interview invite from Fieldfisher! May I ask you:

1. How many trainees were recruited in your cycle?
2. "The phone interview will be a mixture of competency, technical and motivational questions", I understand it may be too long ago to remember, would you say I am correct in thinking that "technical" refers to their practice areas & and the practical work that they do?

Thank you!
Congrats on the telephone interview!

For 1, I don't know for certain, unfortunately. Legal Cheek suggests it's an intake of 18 (12 in London, 3 Birmingham, 3 Manchester). Those figures broadly correspond to what I heard/saw but I don't have a solid answer for you.

For 2, yes I think that's fair, at least to extent of knowing what they are and a little bit about Fieldfisher's work in them. I don't recall it being a particularly significant part of the interview, if I'm honest. It was more competency and motivational. Also some general expectations about the skills of a trainee/solicitor would probably fall under the technical side of things.

Reactions: John Doe

gdelle

Star Member
  • Feb 10, 2022
    Hi everyone, super quick question here: for those with TI invites, did it take longer to receive them than the 7 days stated post-OA? Wondering if I should chill and stop refreshing my inbox quite so much!

WhenSuitsMeetsGreysAnatomy

Premium Member
  • Sep 9, 2021
    And your feedback email also said "We will be in touch within 7 days regarding the outcome of your application.", right?
    Yes! Do not worry I hope we hear back soon! Though this is taking too long and I hope I do not have to do an assessment day (if i get invited in one ofc) during exam season. Though it seems very likely that assessment days will be during exams😖

John Doe

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 18, 2021
    Hello, fellow Fieldfisher 2023/24 applicants: For those who have done the Telephone Interview, how long did you have to wait before hearing back about whether or nor you are invited to the AC?

TeeA

Standard Member
    Jul 2, 2020
    I got invited to the phone interview for TC in Manchester and before I could book a slot , they sent me an email to say that they had filled the vacancies! How annoying! Any tips for me? should I bother getting in touch with HR to confirm that they have in fact been filled

Reactions: KceeCan

KceeCan

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 28, 2021
    I got invited to the phone interview for TC in Manchester and before I could book a slot , they sent me an email to say that they had filled the vacancies! How annoying! Any tips for me? should I bother getting in touch with HR to confirm that they have in fact been filled
    That’s super annoying! Did you end up gettting in touch with HR?

A

AspiringIPLawyer

Just an update, I received an email today saying:
    'Thank you for taking the time to apply to Fieldfisher.
    Unfortunately, we have now filled the Training Contract 2024 (London) vacancies for this recruitment round and will be unable to consider your application on this occasion.'

It's exactly the same email I received last year. I know I should have learned my lesson and not applied so close to the deadline but I do think it's a bit upsetting that they make you go through the lengthy process of writing a full personalised application, waiting weeks, being invited to take the test, then waiting more weeks just to be told that all the vacancies have been filled and they won't even look at your application 😔

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear / had TI invites / AC invites! 🤞🏼

• 🤝
    Reactions: John Doe

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.