whisperingrock

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
  • Sep 12, 2020
    I’d like to nominate @whisperingrock this week. Your post about work discipline and routines was truly incredible and inspiring and it is something I’m personally going to take heed of and take forwards. Thank you for your post and I’m sure it struck a chord with so many others too!
    I'm very glad you found it useful. I have no idea what being nominated actually means but thank you :)

whisperingrock

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
  • Sep 12, 2020
    You’ll receive Bronze membership for a month. Congratulations!
    Thank you for the gesture, it is very appreciated, but I already have a training contract lined up (though I am lacking a future trainee badge) and don't think I'll get much use out of it. I just lurk the forums to offer advice (and hot takes) when I feel I have something worth adding. Could I possibly transfer it to someone else?

If being nominated comes with a forum badge though I'll gladly take that :D

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Thank you for the gesture, it is very appreciated, but I already have a training contract lined up (though I am lacking a future trainee badge) and don't think I'll get much use out of it. I just lurk the forums to offer advice (and hot takes) when I feel I have something worth adding. Could I possibly transfer it to someone else?

If being nominated comes with a forum badge though I'll gladly take that :D
    Hi @whisperingrock! No worries at all and I appreciate you are a TC holder. I personally have been using the premium section to expand on my commercial awareness and also to listen to our webinar content since I finished the PGDL- I do think there is a lot on there to gain even as a TC holder (if I may say so!!) If you’d like to take a day or two to peruse the premium section to see what is on there and if perhaps anything may be of interest/beneficial to you, please feel free to and you can always choose someone to transfer the membership to if you’d still like to do this. Of course, if you’re absolutely certain you’d like to make a transfer then this is totally fine too- feel free to tag someone you’d like to gift the membership to in this thread. The choice is entirely yours and thank you again for your incredible post and please keep your advice coming!! :) :)

whisperingrock

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
  • Sep 12, 2020
    Hi @whisperingrock! No worries at all and I appreciate you are a TC holder. I personally have been using the premium section to expand on my commercial awareness and also to listen to our webinar content since I finished the PGDL- I do think there is a lot on there to gain even as a TC holder (if I may say so!!) If you’d like to take a day or two to peruse the premium section to see what is on there and if perhaps anything may be of interest/beneficial to you, please feel free to and you can always choose someone to transfer the membership to if you’d still like to do this. Of course, if you’re absolutely certain you’d like to make a transfer then this is totally fine too- feel free to tag someone you’d like to gift the membership to in this thread. The choice is entirely yours and thank you again for your incredible post and please keep your advice coming!! :) :)
    I've had a think and my friend @Tim Buktu who is still TC hunting is probably better served with a month of premium :) Thank you again!

Reactions: Jessica Booker

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Picking @TCGIRLLL this week for this detailed post on what worked for them when writing a specific application. I know it can be very daunting to put advice out without having secured a TC first but this forum really does thrive on the range of perspectives from everyone, so thank you for offering advice where you can! I hope the free month helps you with any remaining apps and interviews you have! ☺️

Reactions: Jessica Booker

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    This week's winner is @anon101 for compiling and sharing this excellent resource on virtual vacation schemes. It is a delight to see forum users succeed, and we are always grateful for those willing to share their insights with other users!

Anon101: even though you've already secured a TC, we hope the resources in Premium will nevertheless help you prepare for starting your TC!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    For this week’s award, we want to recognise @lawnoodle once again for the following post:

Lawnoodle continues to provide such great advice on the forums that we just had to award them once again, especially for the post above which we think epitomises the type of support we want to see from our community of members. We love the empathy and understanding demonstrated here, but also the highly practical advice given.

Thank you Lawnoodle - @Jaysen will be in contact with you regarding this

💚

• 🤝
    • 🏆
    Reactions: Daniel Boden and Dheepa
    A

Anon 11031

For this week’s award, we want to recognise @lawnoodle once again for the following post:

Lawnoodle continues to provide such great advice on the forums that we just had to award them once again, especially for the post above which we think epitomises the type of support we want to see from our community of members. We love the empathy and understanding demonstrated here, but also the highly practical advice given.

Thank you Lawnoodle - @Jaysen will be in contact with you regarding this

💚
    Thank you, Jessica. You'll make me cry! ❤️

I'm just happy I have this community to be able to reach out to people when they might need it the most ☺️

anon101

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 2, 2020
    This week's winner is @anon101 for compiling and sharing this excellent resource on virtual vacation schemes. It is a delight to see forum users succeed, and we are always grateful for those willing to share their insights with other users!

Anon101: even though you've already secured a TC, we hope the resources in Premium will nevertheless help you prepare for starting your TC!
    AHH thank you so much ahaha I just logged on after being a little busy with exams. This is such a nice gesture, thank you guys! I definitely hope to keep contributing to the TCLA community :))

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    AHH thank you so much ahaha I just logged on after being a little busy with exams. This is such a nice gesture, thank you guys! I definitely hope to keep contributing to the TCLA community :))

Delighted to have you here!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I am delighted to nominate @Nadine Alleear for this week's prize! Nadine is an exemplary member who personifies all the values we thrive on in the forum who has recently been exceptionally kind and helpful to other members.
    @Nadine_Alleear, I think this is the correct tag! I'll drop you a PM :)

• Love
    Reactions: Sonia_Kawaii

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    I am delighted to nominate @Nadine Alleear for this week's prize! Nadine is an exemplary member who personifies all the values we thrive on in the forum who has recently been exceptionally kind and helpful to other members.
    Omg I am so touched @Jacob Miller 😭 Thank you so much - I really was not expecting this at all. I am humbled by your nomination and pleased to know that I contribute some value to the forum 💕 This has truly been the highlight of my week! I am equally grateful to every single person on here who’s offered me a virtual shoulder to cry on, words of encouragement and their friendship. I love you all ♥️

• 🤝
    • Love
    Reactions: Jacob Miller and Anon 11031

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.