GDL Online

NourJ

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
Jan 1, 2020
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to know if there's anyone that did the GDL online. If I were to get a TC this summer, would I be able to do my GDL online or would the firm expect us to attend physical classes?

Thank you!!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
A firm may want to understand your rationale for attending an online course, and if you are expecting them to pay for it and give you a maintenance grant they may decide to not give you the latter depending on where you are studying from.

If they are paying for the course and giving you a maintenance grant, I suspect most people will want to go to a face to face class with their fellow future trainees though.

Before choosing the online option, I would encourage you to get the provider to disclose pass dates for the online class compared to the face to face classes.

Reactions: NourJ and gg999

NourJ

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
Jan 1, 2020
A firm may want to understand your rationale for attending an online course, and if you are expecting them to pay for it and give you a maintenance grant they may decide to not give you the latter depending on where you are studying from.

If they are paying for the course and giving you a maintenance grant, I suspect most people will want to go to a face to face class with their fellow future trainees though.

Before choosing the online option, I would encourage you to get the provider to disclose pass dates for the online class compared to the face to face classes.

Thank you so much for your reply! I'll look into that!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.