Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I wouldn’t worry about realise/realize because realize is a recognised American spelling. Although not grammatically correct for English, it doesn’t show you’re bad at spelling or careless tbh

some firms will be more picky about this than others from my experience, especially if you are not using the spellings consistently (which is often the case).

Reactions: Manifesting

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Is it wise to email GR if I’ve been waiting nearly two weeks after an interview for a vac scheme and they said I will hear in one week? There’s another stage & the vac scheme starts in less than 2 weeks. I think it’s a rejection but I would like to know so I can take my mind off it

If the scheme starts in two weeks, then it is fine to do so.

Lisa Lowe

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 26, 2019
Hey - does anyone have any pointers on the CMS questions "How would you describe the relationship between law and business? (200 words)", I've been stuck on it for a couple of days, I feel like I need to say something philosophical and profound, I realise that's not the case but I'm finding it hard to answer.

Paris McKenzie

Jun 30, 2020
Can anyone please help me with this application question for Mills & Reeve - "Name a company / firm you admire for its business strategy, tell us why and tell us what you consider will be important to the company / firm in terms of the legal services which it sources". Does anyone know what they mean by this?

Velikilawyer123

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 37
Mar 4, 2020
Hey all, I'm wondering if anyone has any recent experience with Herbert Smith's open days. I've heard they're quite good and you learn a lot, and I'd like to apply for one next year, so I'm interested in hearing people's experiences and how they found it!

Thanks! :)

arbitracion

Star Member
  • Sep 28, 2020
    Hey all, I'm wondering if anyone has any recent experience with Herbert Smith's open days. I've heard they're quite good and you learn a lot, and I'd like to apply for one next year, so I'm interested in hearing people's experiences and how they found it!

Thanks! :)

I went to the LGBT+ Open Day in October and found it super helpful! There were insights into diversity and inclusion initiatives and the IRIS network at HSF, plus there was plenty of time for networking and asking questions :)

Reactions: lawyermeup

Guilherme Carvalho

Dec 4, 2020
    Hey guys!
    I was just wondering whether anyone has any experience in applying for vac schemes with firms in London while studying the Scottish LLB. Were you able to apply in your penultimate year or was it considered non-law (as it is technically not a qualifying law degree). I know some firms (like CC) allow this as a lot of the GDL modules are exempt but most firm websites are unclear in this regard. Any information is appreciated!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.