General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

EP

Standard Member
Mar 22, 2020
Hey Elana - I had mine this afternoon! Hope yours went well. They said they would let us know in the next week or two. Not sure how the virtual vac scheme is going to be...
Hey,

I am still waiting to hear back from the application ! I haven’t heard anything at all, can I ask when you received an invite to the VI? I hope yours went well and good luck progressing to the next stage :)

Charles

Distinguished Member
Sep 25, 2019
Can anyone who has done the Baker McKenzie interview give me some insights on what to expect? I.e. how many questions, the time you have to prepare, and do they throw any curveball questions or are they pretty general/straight forward?

5 questions
45 secs to prepare, 90 seconds to answer.
The questions were decent ( I cannot emphasize how key preparation is)

How will politics affect business in the current climate
How do you establish credibility quickly when you enter a new department
A setback that you have experienced and how you dealt with it
How difficult was it when you were a team member and not a team leader how did you deal with it
Tell us something that will describe your personality.

Those who have done the VI for Baker did u get the same questions I posted, am curious (I feel like the questions would be different though)

Changes

Legendary Member
Jan 7, 2020
5 questions
Those who have done the VI for Baker did u get the same questions I posted, am curious (I feel like the questions would be different though)

I had different questions, which is a surprise. Not sure how good an idea it is posting them though. Might be being paranoid but not sure grad rec would be keen on it?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I had different questions, which is a surprise. Not sure how good an idea it is posting them though. Might be being paranoid but not sure grad rec would be keen on it?

that’s why they have various questions which are randomised - most firms know that questions will be passed on one way or another. If it’s not on a forum, it’s through word of mouth on campus.

Charles

Distinguished Member
Sep 25, 2019
that’s why they have various questions which are randomised - most firms know that questions will be passed on one way or another. If it’s not on a forum, it’s through word of mouth on campus.

Thanks @ Jessica for clearing that up.
@ changes thank you for responding. I think Jessica's response is apt and for things like this if there's no express restriction I choose not to imply one:)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks @ Jessica for clearing that up.
@ changes thank you for responding. I think Jessica's response is apt and for things like this if there's no express restriction I choose not to imply one:)

Well there could be a restriction, it’s just highly unlikely - check your correspondence about it.

It’s not looked upon favourably though. If it was easy to identify people sharing this information, they’d probably monitor it much more closely. But it’s impossible to do that - so it’s just easier to make sure you process is varied enough that sharing information like that wouldn’t really help much anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.