General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
I did mine today, passed it! Haven't heard back yet though ofc, but know of people who have really early(like 5th August and the like) have not heard back. This is for the TC intake.

They are rolling, so we will probably hear back soon within the next 2 weeks I am guessing?

Can confirm I passed the SJT exactly on August 5th and haven't heard back yet, they usually get back in three weeks minimum so people will probably start seeing outcomes within the next two weeks or so. They were the first one to open whereas many aren't opening this year until mid-September to October, so they're probably seeing a lot of applications!

Reactions: dosblancos7

madge

Standard Member
Aug 8, 2020
Does anyone know if Bristows will be running Vac Schemes still? On CV Mail it’s just the workshops and TC 2023 that are open for applications with deadlines for the workshops in November. Thank you in advance

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Does anyone know if Bristows will be running Vac Schemes still? On CV Mail it’s just the workshops and TC 2023 that are open for applications with deadlines for the workshops in November. Thank you in advance

From my understanding, Bristows don’t do Vacation Schemes. They run the workshops in their place.

Reactions: Holly and Lawgirl1012

champ591

Star Member
    Feb 5, 2020
    Submitted the A&O app like an hour ago, got an email saying I'll be sent the link to the SJT within an hour.. it's been an hour now, i've checked all my inboxes and haven't got the link. Is this normal?

The email also says if I haven't got the link in an hour, I should drop an email to GR using the contact details provided (but there are no contact details provided??)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Submitted the A&O app like an hour ago, got an email saying I'll be sent the link to the SJT within an hour.. it's been an hour now, i've checked all my inboxes and haven't got the link. Is this normal?

The email also says if I haven't got the link in an hour, I should drop an email to GR using the contact details provided (but there are no contact details provided??)

Just give it until the end of the day. If you haven't received it overnight, contact them first thing tomorrow morning. Is the email a "no-reply" email? If not, just reply to that.

champ591

Star Member
    Feb 5, 2020
    Just give it until the end of the day. If you haven't received it overnight, contact them first thing tomorrow morning. Is the email a "no-reply" email? If not, just reply to that.
    Thanks! I'll do that. And yes, it's a no reply. I've managed to find GR's email on the firm's website so I'll send an email to that address if i don't hear by tomorrow morning

Reactions: Jessica Booker
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.