Gowling WLG VC Application Question

NadiaG

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
I just received an email back which said the following:

'Hello Tara,
Thank you for your email.
Candidates who have completed their video interview can expect to receive the outcome of their application via email no later than 12th February 2021.
Please continue to check your junk mail to ensure that you do not miss any correspondence from the Early Talent team.'

So I am afraid to say that we may still have a long wait ahead of us 😅 but at least we now have a deadline!!
thank you for doing this :)

Aspiring.lawyer.to.be

Legendary Member
  • Nov 26, 2019
    Guys ! A friend of mine applied for the london office and enquired when we would hear back...they emailed back this morning saying -

Candidates who have completed their video interview can expect to receive the outcome of their application via email no later than 5th February 2021.

Please continue to check your junk mail to ensure that you do not miss any correspondence from the Early Talent team

• ℹ️
    Reactions: AliceL and OB

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    I emailed about AC dates a while back and they said this;

“the London AC's during the first half of the month and the Birmingham AC's during the second half of the month.”
    (Meaning February)

so, I guess, if London hasn’t heard back yet we probably haven’t made it onto the AC.
    Are you implying that they only hold one AC per office?

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    No, I was thinking more about the practicality of people needing to book onto slots and perhaps take time off work.
    Their e-mail suggested ACs might be starting as soon as next Monday so I felt if we hadn’t been told by now it might not be good news.
    Firms famously don’t give much notice for ACs so I don’t think this is the case

Tara Allen

Dec 9, 2020
    Guys ! A friend of mine applied for the london office and enquired when we would hear back...they emailed back this morning saying -

Candidates who have completed their video interview can expect to receive the outcome of their application via email no later than 5th February 2021.

Please continue to check your junk mail to ensure that you do not miss any correspondence from the Early Talent team
    Odd that they have provided two different dates but maybe that was for the Birmingham office and London is the 12th due to more applicants?

Either way I don't think we can make any assumptions and should just all remain positive. No news means we could still get good news :)

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Odd that they have provided two different dates but maybe that was for the Birmingham office and London is the 12th due to more applicants?

Either way I don't think we can make any assumptions and should just all remain positive. No news means we could still get good news :)
    As above it seems London hears first as their ACs are earlier and Birmingham will hear later

I would also imagine Birmingham has more applicants as that is their head office and they have more spaces there?

Reactions: AliceL

LegalLordLox

Legendary Member
    Jan 3, 2021
    As above it seems London hears first as their ACs are earlier and Birmingham will hear later

I would also imagine Birmingham has more applicants as that is their head office and they have more spaces there?
    One of my friends has had an AC invite for February and she applied to Birmingham office. Not sure how they’re working this one out.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.