Gowling WLG VC Application Question

Kieran Tierney

Jan 20, 2021
If I have to guess:

Commitment to law is dependant on your degree and work experience. For example, a law degree with no legal work experience would get a score of 2, and a non-law degree with legal work experience would also get 2, but a law degree and legal work experience would get you 3. Non-law and no legal work experience may get you 1.

Q1 is just a score of how well you answered the application question.

Overall presentation score must be the VI.

This is ALL speculation off the top of my head; take this with a HUGE pinch of salt.

Reactions: ellwilsen

AspiringLawyer112

Esteemed Member
Jan 3, 2021
If I have to guess:

Commitment to law is dependant on your degree and work experience. For example, a law degree with no legal work experience would get a score of 2, and a non-law degree with legal work experience would also get 2, but a law degree and legal work experience would get you 3. Non-law and no legal work experience may get you 1.

This is ALL speculation off the top of my head; take this with a HUGE pinch of salt.
Hi for commitment for law I scored 2 and I have worked for x3 national law firms - the current one I am working for is top 45 - do not sure if it means that :/

I think the rest is pretty accurate though

Reactions: Kieran Tierney

Sfernan21

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 26, 2021
If I have to guess:

Makes sense! Let’s hope we all hear tomorrow for piece of mind.

hopefullawyer123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 25, 2020
It may be the case that these scores are not relevant to the VI at all and are just in relation to the application form as @Kieran Tierney suggests. It says my application portal hasn’t been updated since late December yet I have the scores.
Regardless, I really do hope we hear back tomorrow so we no longer have to analyse such details 😅

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.