Gowling WLG VC Application Question

AspiringLawyer112

Esteemed Member
Jan 3, 2021
hi thank you, there are no competency theres 4 scenarios, so situations youd find yourself in as a trainee so how you deal if someones got a bad attitude or if you dont know how to do a task (these were NOT the questions, i cant remember specific questions but these kind of themes). there is a practice round before your real one, alternatively you can do a separate practice on the platforms main page if you search them in google you can do practice runs as many times as you want

Thank you so much! This is so helpful!

Eliza9999

Jun 27, 2019
Hey! Do you know what time the test expires? The email says 5th Jan.. do you think it would expire on the 4th jan at midnight? There is no time stated in the email..

I'm quite sure this means midnight 4th January. I wouldn't run the risk of doing on the 5th and possibly missing the deadline because law firms won't be forgiving when they have so many candidates for the position.

NadiaG

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Thanks NadiaG

Do you know if you have to speak for the whole of 1min30seconds?
hey no you dont if youve finished theres a button to click that stops your recording if you finish before the timer, i pressed it for 3 of them but it was a few seconds before the end anyway just figured its awkward for them to watch me smiling for a few seconds at the end haha

• 🤝
Reactions: Aspiring.lawyer.to.be

LegalLordLox

Legendary Member
Jan 3, 2021
How long did it take to get a confirmation email after completing the VI?

I haven’t received one either! someone I know done it on Friday and hasn’t received an update. Has to be due to it being bank holiday.

Maybe the Grad Rec team are reviewing them all before making the decision as the deadline is tomorrow?

anyone who is yet to do the test, try to get it done by tonight as there was no time specified on the deadline for tomorrow.

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    I did mine on Saturday and have not received one yet!
    I haven’t received one either! someone I know done it on Friday and hasn’t received an update. Has to be due to it being bank holiday.

Maybe the Grad Rec team are reviewing them all before making the decision as the deadline is tomorrow?

anyone who is yet to do the test, try to get it done by tonight as there was no time specified on the deadline for tomorrow.
    Ok this is a relief, when I finished it said I would get a confirmation email. But then when I clicked on the link again it said I had already completed the interview. Must be fine then!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Aspiring.lawyer.to.be

Aspiring.lawyer.to.be

Legendary Member
  • Nov 26, 2019

I didn't receive any confirmation email either

Reactions: OB and ellwilsen

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.