Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    I completed and passed Weil's Video Interview in the summer for their TC and got through to first-round interview.

I'm afraid I can't exactly remember the questions I was asked, however, I believe the questions were along the lines of:

i) why commercial law?
    ii) why Weil? (mentioning a recent deal that attracted you to the firm & dropping names of clients works well here)
    iii) what does private equity (PE) means to you and why it is of interest to you?
    iv) how does Weil stands out from their competitors? (worth identifying one or two competitors mainly in the PE space), and
    v) a time you've demonstrated one of their competencies. (which you can find online)

I hope this helps and good luck!
    Thanks very much for this Mimi!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Just got a rejection from White & Case post app for summer VS. First rejection this cycle :(

Also just got a rejection from White & Case for their summer VS - hope some of you guys received better news today!

Sorry to hear that guys. Best of luck for your next one.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Naomi and Daniel Boden
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.