Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I sent this to an applicant who had a very strong application but still got rejected. If it's any consolation I thought I'd share it here:

I think it's impossible to pick what it is. Sometimes, recruiters just have a feel for what they like/dislike. They have to reject many strong candidates because of the limited number of places they can interview for. Unfortunately, you never get to find out if you were so close to being accepted, you just get rejected. If you're confident you wrote a good application, the only thing you can do is keep applying. A different firm may view the same application and think it's exactly what they were looking for.

Last edited:

Catherine

Distinguished Member
    Nov 28, 2018
    I just heard back from Norton Rose for their 2021 Training Contract, received a rather 'kind' rejection - and wondering if this is the rejection email they send to everyone? Trying to cling on to thinking I was at the top of the rejects pile haha.

'Your application has been read with interest but unfortunately we are unable to offer you an interview on this occasion. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback at this stage in the process.

We are sorry not to be able to give you a more positive reply and wish you all the best for your future career.'

Applied for both their winter vac and TC (after attending an open day) and rejection both times :(

Catherine

Distinguished Member
    Nov 28, 2018
    I completed HSF test a couple of weeks ago, and received the email stating I had met the benchmark and my application another email to say I was under review but so far heard nothing further

PMF_II

Star Member
    Mar 1, 2018
    I just heard back from Norton Rose for their 2021 Training Contract, received a rather 'kind' rejection - and wondering if this is the rejection email they send to everyone? Trying to cling on to thinking I was at the top of the rejects pile haha.

'Your application has been read with interest but unfortunately we are unable to offer you an interview on this occasion. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback at this stage in the process.

We are sorry not to be able to give you a more positive reply and wish you all the best for your future career.'

I received the same email yesterday. We both read it with great interest but unfortunately it's their standard rejection email. I am sorry not to be able to give you a more positive reply. :)

Roch1234

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2018
    I received the same email yesterday. We both read it with great interest but unfortunately it's their standard rejection email. I am sorry not to be able to give you a more positive reply. :)

Sorry to hear that. If you dont mind me asking, did you apply for a TC or Vacation Scheme?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.