Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catherine

Distinguished Member
Nov 28, 2018
Does anyone know if deadline for RPC is 23.59 on Thursday 17th or 23.59 on Friday 18th? On website just says deadline is 18th - contacted grad recruitment but not heard back yet

MA96

Future Trainee
Jan 14, 2019
Hi everyone! Quick question - if a firm has offered three different assessment centre dates to choose from, do you think the date chosen has any bearing on your chance of success? Would you advise choosing the earliest date possible?

Reactions: gigi23

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi everyone! Quick question - if a firm has offered three different assessment centre dates to choose from, do you think the date chosen has any bearing on your chance of success? Would you advise choosing the earliest date possible?

I would do the earliest date possible provided you feel as though you can prepare well enough! If not then there’s nothing wrong with opting for the second one. I might be wrong, but I think many firms will operate a rolling recruitment strategy at the AC stage so I think the earlier the better :)

Reactions: MA96 and Selina

J Wu

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2018
@John Wu and @Kim LD - can I ask, did the Debevoise email say anything about the strength of your applications?
I also received a similar rejection from Debovoise, stating my application was 'impressive' although I assume it's their standard rejection email.
I received the same as Mimi so it must be their standard rejection email.

Yeah I got the same: "Whilst your application was certainly impressive"

• ℹ️
Reactions: Jaysen

Demna87

Distinguished Member
Aug 23, 2018
If this is for Bakers I don’t think they do rolling recruitment. All of the other assessments have not been rolling so I doubt they would start now. Especially as there is only one week between dates. Though in general with other firms it is probably a case of being beneficial to pick early.

Reactions: MA96

Lawgirlxo

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
Jun 20, 2018

If this is Bakers, it makes no difference which date you pick.

Either ways, I’ve always told people that if you’re good, you’re good. If there’s no space, the firm will make space for you.

This does not necessarily apply to all firms but I’m speaking from experience and the experience of others. Choose the date that works best for you and go ahead and prepare.

Good luck!

Reactions: MA96

MA96

Future Trainee
Jan 14, 2019
I would do the earliest date possible provided you feel as though you can prepare well enough! If not then there’s nothing wrong with opting for the second one. I might be wrong, but I think many firms will operate a rolling recruitment strategy at the AC stage so I think the earlier the better :)

If this is for Bakers I don’t think they do rolling recruitment. All of the other assessments have not been rolling so I doubt they would start now. Especially as there is only one week between dates. Though in general with other firms it is probably a case of being beneficial to pick early.

If this is Bakers, it makes no difference which date you pick.

Either ways, I’ve always told people that if you’re good, you’re good. If there’s no space, the firm will make space for you.

This does not necessarily apply to all firms but I’m speaking from experience and the experience of others. Choose the date that works best for you and go ahead and prepare.

Good luck!

Yes it is for Bakers - thank you so much for the advice!

Reactions: Alice G
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.