Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
Skadden is also being quite confusing ahah. In my rejection email they stated that they received “an exceptionally high number of excellent apps”. But they reopened their vac schemes apps, extending the deadline till the 27th? Does anyone know why firms might do this?
Where did you see this? Can't see on their website?

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Anyone heard back from Slaughters post-VS interview this month?
Can I ask which scheme this is for and when you applied?
Sorry to bombard you with questions as well but can i ask when did you apply, and also, when did you hear about your AC invite? I have still yet to hear and I am really keen on them. Congratulations on your AC, huge achievement! Best of luck to you :)

gigi23

Distinguished Member
Jan 18, 2019
Reactions: Alice G

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
congratulations guys and best of luck for the VI! :)

Didn't receive anything from latham today so I'm guessing it's a PFO for me
Thank you very much! One thing I have learned is that we can never tell how HR departments at different firms are choosing to manage the huge quantity of applications so don't be too quick to discount yourself. Remember that no news isn't bad news :) I hope you get a positive response soon!

Last edited:

PMF_II

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
congratulations guys and best of luck for the VI! :)

Didn't receive anything from latham today so I'm guessing it's a PFO for me

Don't assume a rejection just yet! I think I was probably in their "maybe" pile when I applied last summer. I received a VI very late, after they had already held an AC. Hope you'll get a positive response.

Reactions: gigi23

gigi23

Distinguished Member
Jan 18, 2019
Thank you very much! One thing I have learned it that we can never tell how HR departments at different firms are choosing to manage the huge quantity of applications so don't be too quick to discount yourself. Remember that no news isn't bad news :) I hope you get a positive response soon!

Don't assume a rejection just yet! I think I was probably in their "maybe" pile when I applied last summer. I received a VI very late, after they had already held an AC. Hope you'll get a positive response.

Thanks for the kind words!
It's really good insight @PMF_II maybe they don't send all the invites out in one go, although someone mentioned the HR team having changed since last year so I'm not sure… I can still hope I guess!

anf1811

Star Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2018
Hi guys,

I received an email yesterday inviting me to an interview at Shearman and have now realised that my preferences for the dates of the scheme I chose have changed. Do you think they would mind if I emailed them asking to change my preferences?

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hi guys,

I received an email yesterday inviting me to an interview at Shearman and have now realised that my preferences for the dates of the scheme I chose have changed. Do you think they would mind if I emailed them asking to change my preferences?
    That'd be absolutely fine - just make sure you do it asap!

Reactions: Jaysen
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.