Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland

Distinguished Member
Jan 10, 2019
Hi Roland,

Not sure whether you have done this VI or not but I did it last night. Its basically just situational judgement style questions such as "you have lots of deadlines for tomorrow but aren't able to complete them all, what do you do?". You have 3 minutes to prepare your answers and a minute and a half to speak. Its not particularly difficult, its just common sense. Hope that helps.

Good luck if you haven't done it yet!

Hi Katie, I just heard back that I didn't get through to the next stage. Oh well!

Good luck if you haven't heard back!

• 🤝
Reactions: Katie R

Katie R

Jan 20, 2019
Hi Katie, I just heard back that I didn't get through to the next stage. Oh well!

Good luck if you haven't heard back!

I'm sorry to hear that! Not sure what they are looking for with those interviews. I managed to get an AC for them which kind of makes up for the 3 rejections I had yesterday!

Good luck with your other apps

• 🏆
Reactions: Roland

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
With the Latham VI does anyone know how it is structured - in terms of how long you speak for and how long you can prep? i know it is 5 questions long but just wondered if anyone knew about these details?

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
I did it back in October and It was 30 second prep and 2 minutes to record answer.
You’ll see a recording of each question. You can pause between each question, but you can’t take a break between hearing the question and recording your answer.
All the best

• 🏆
Reactions: Alice G

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
I did it back in October and It was 30 second prep and 2 minutes to record answer.
You’ll see a recording of each question. You can pause between each question, but you can’t take a break between hearing the question and recording your answer.
All the best
Ahh thank you Helena! How did you find the interview overall? I feel as though two minutes is a long time. Did you skip forwards if you felt you had sufficiently answered the question in less time? :)

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
Ahh thank you Helena! How did you find the interview overall? I feel as though two minutes is a long time. Did you skip forwards if you felt you had sufficiently answered the question in less time? :)
I think I may have done on a couple of questions because as you say 2 minutes is quite long. The usual stuff came up. Why Commercial Law and Why Latham. A couple of competency questions which I honestly cannot remember now. But think of the usual things and you will be fine. All the best.

• 🤝
Reactions: Alice G

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
I think I may have done on a couple of questions because as you say 2 minutes is quite long. The usual stuff came up. Why Commercial Law and Why Latham. A couple of competency questions which I honestly cannot remember now. But think of the usual things and you will be fine. All the best.
That is really kind of you, thank you! :)

Reactions: Helena
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.