Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandrou

Esteemed Member
Feb 28, 2018
Just had HSF rejection - I knew it really

Which part of the Assessment Centre do you think let you down. It’s usually the partner interview (case study) that usually swings things in my opinion. There’s a slight element of luck involved!

Hopefully some good news will come this cycle!

Last edited:

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
Which part of the Assessment Centre do you think let you down. It’s usually the partner interview (case study) that usually swings things in my opinion. There’s a slight element of luck involved!

Hopefully some good news will come this cycle!
Thanks. I think the partner interview with the scenario. Case study was fine. I await feedback.

Maccie

Future Trainee
Sep 22, 2018
After spending a lot of time applying and being rejected from Linklaters, Allen & Overy, BCLP, Jones Day and Cleary Gottlieb; I caught a lucky break. I applied to Hogan Lovells, got invited to take the Watson Glaser test on the next day, got invited to an AC shortly after and in a matter of 12 days after my initial application, I was offered a place on their vacation scheme!

I am not a very active poster on this website but I have been reading every single post for as long as the forum has existed and I wanted to share the good news here because this website has really helped me a lot and allowed me to considerably improve my application technique! This website is also great for motivation, and reading positive posts from many other applications helped me realize that it only takes one firm to land a vac scheme — so, if you're still waiting for positive news, keep applying and have faith, someone is going to say yes eventually! I've taken a few days to celebrate the good news and I can now focus on the next step: securing a TC!

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Thank you @Maccie, such a lovely post and I could not agree more with your points. Congratulations and I hope you enjoy your vacation scheme with Hogan Lovells, please do keep in touch with how it goes and have fun.

Reactions: Maccie

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
After spending a lot of time applying and being rejected from Linklaters, Allen & Overy, BCLP, Jones Day and Cleary Gottlieb; I caught a lucky break. I applied to Hogan Lovells, got invited to take the Watson Glaser test on the next day, got invited to an AC shortly after and in a matter of 12 days after my initial application, I was offered a place on their vacation scheme!

I am not a very active poster on this website but I have been reading every single post for as long as the forum has existed and I wanted to share the good news here because this website has really helped me a lot and allowed me to considerably improve my application technique! This website is also great for motivation, and reading positive posts from many other applications helped me realize that it only takes one firm to land a vac scheme — so, if you're still waiting for positive news, keep applying and have faith, someone is going to say yes eventually! I've taken a few days to celebrate the good news and I can now focus on the next step: securing a TC!

Echo Selma. So lovely to have some good news and positive feedback. It can be so very disheartening and so arbitrary as one firm rejects you and another sees your potential! Seriously good luck to you and keep us posted.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

I'm delighted to hear this. Well done :)

Reactions: Maccie and Salma

J Malone

Valued Member
    Jun 1, 2018

Congrit!!!!!! I am preparing for Hogan Lovell's summer right now

Reactions: Maccie

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Just been rejected for Allen & Overy's summer vacation scheme - was always a long shot so not very disappointed but just a heads up if anybody else is waiting to hear back.

Reactions: Jaysen
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.