Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

phar

Standard Member
Oct 3, 2018
Rejection for Linklaters training contract. I didn’t get any email whether I failed or passed the test and I sat for the test weeks ago. Does Linklaters send an email specifying if one fails the WG?

Surprised that they responded way before their January deadline considering I thought they are non-rolling, unless that’s only for interview invites?

Hazal

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 25, 2018
Rejection from HSF today.

Weirdly, they said I was rejected for a training contract, even though I applied to a winter vac scheme. I did tell them prior to the assessment that I'd have to be considered for summer or a training contract so I hope they didn't jump the gun and just assess me for a TC since I know they're harder to get. But I'll wait to see their response to that.

Sophie Bell

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018

Weirdly, they said I was rejected for a training contract, even though I applied to a winter vac scheme. I did tell them prior to the assessment that I'd have to be considered for summer or a training contract so I hope they didn't jump the gun and just assess me for a TC since I know they're harder to get. But I'll wait to see their response to that.

Very sorry to hear this Hazel especially as you come across as a very strong candidate. Chin up - I'm sure there is something even better coming your way!

Reactions: Hazal

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

Sorry to hear Hazal, are you able to get feedback? And yes, definitely worth confirming as that's a little strange.

Helena

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    Hazal I am so sorry to hear that. I was really hoping for you. It's very odd and I hope you get some more info from GR on this. It's really weird and even more so in light of the conversation we had about their feedback. I have requested more clarification too.

Weirdly, they said I was rejected for a training contract, even though I applied to a winter vac scheme. I did tell them prior to the assessment that I'd have to be considered for summer or a training contract so I hope they didn't jump the gun and just assess me for a TC since I know they're harder to get. But I'll wait to see their response to that.[/QUOTE

Chido

Sep 3, 2018
    Just received this from Shearman:

"Thank you for your application to Shearman & Sterling LLP. We have now filled our limited vacation scheme places. Therefore, we will not be progressing with your application for our Winter Vacation Scheme.

We understand this will come as a disappointment.

However, we were impressed with your application and would like to stay in touch with you in the hope that you will be interested in applying for one of our future Vacation Schemes."

Does this mean that they'll automatically forward my application into the Spring/Summer vacation scheme or will I have to reapply? Will I have to rewrite my application form answers? It's all rather ambiguous.

That is positive news☺️. Can I ask, when did you apply? I am still waiting to hear back from Shearman

Yminh

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 25, 2018
    Rejection for Linklaters training contract. I didn’t get any email whether I failed or passed the test and I sat for the test weeks ago. Does Linklaters send an email specifying if one fails the WG?

Surprised that they responded way before their January deadline considering I thought they are non-rolling, unless that’s only for interview invites?
    if they didn't specify you might have passed the WG test but get rejected based on your application. The same happened to me, I got rejected the day after I completed the test and they didn't mention my WG outcome in the email. When I requested to see my WG result, they confirmed that I actually passed. You may want to request for your WG result as well to be sure :)

Reactions: Naveen Kas

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018

Very sorry to hear Hazal - would be curious to know what your feedback says as, like others have said, you come across as a strong candidate... How did you feel the day went? Were you happy when you came out of it?

Hazal

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 25, 2018
    Very sorry to hear Hazal - would be curious to know what your feedback says as, like others have said, you come across as a strong candidate... How did you feel the day went? Were you happy when you came out of it?
    Thanks Daniel. I'll feed it back here but maybe I overplayed my strengths in my feedback to the forum about how the day went. I can definitely point to where my downfalls were and it was just a question of whether they were substantial enough for HSF to not see potential in me right now.

Salma

Legendary Member
    Feb 28, 2018

Sorry to hear Hazal! Keep at it, you can do this :)

Last edited:
    • 🤝
    Reactions: Hazal
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.