Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakandaaaaaa

Jan 12, 2019
Also still waiting on Freshfields but surely since they aren't rolling and only closed on 4th Jan or whatever that they're just sorting through apps and will get back to us soon?

FF aren't rolling in the sense that Links isn't rolling - they don't interview until 4th Jan but they give out offers for interviews before that, as early as late Nov

aditik

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hey guys! For everyone here applying to HSF, when did you guys find out if you passed the online test/failed it? How long did they take to inform you of this outcome? I did the test recently but haven’t heard back from them, and in the closing video, they did mention they’ll inform us of the outcome swiftly.

aditik

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
FF aren't rolling in the sense that Links isn't rolling - they don't interview until 4th Jan but they give out offers for interviews before that, as early as late Nov
Hey, so when I submitted my TC app, they did explicitly say that they won’t begin screening until the deadline has passed. I am not sure if their approach varies between TC and VS, but if they only began screening after the 4th (and it’s been about 10 days since then) it hasn’t been too late yet?

Reactions: Bugsy Malone

PMF_II

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Hey, so when I submitted my TC app, they did explicitly say that they won’t begin screening until the deadline has passed. I am not sure if their approach varies between TC and VS, but if they only began screening after the 4th (and it’s been about 10 days since then) it hasn’t been too late yet?

I went to an office presentation at FF, and GR confirmed they would screen applications before the deadline. Otherwise, they won’t have Christmas holidays! I think what they mean by “non-rolling” is that they don’t interview candidates or give offers before the 4 January deadline.

Reactions: Salma

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    yea I thought that but seems like quite a few have already received WG tests- tho whether that's just for VS I don't know
    I went to an office presentation at FF, and GR confirmed they would screen applications before the deadline. Otherwise, they won’t have Christmas holidays! I think what they mean by “non-rolling” is that they don’t interview candidates or give offers before the 4 January deadline.
    Ah I see fair enough well hopefully we get a response soon!

Dani Whittingham

Sep 12, 2018
    These things happen. Automated emails sent by organisations via CRM systems/mail merging software are sometimes classified as spam emails. Also, the successful delivery rate is rarely 100%. Have you check your junk folder yet?
    hey! just to let you know, they finally sent it. thank u so much for answering me though! good luck with your applications!! :)

_Will_

Star Member
    Jan 7, 2019
    Hey guys, this morning I completed the Watson Glaser test for Linklaters, but haven't had any email confirmation through yet. Does anyone know whether Linklaters tell you your results from the test and when they get back to you? Thanks in advance for any help :)

Jada Akuffo

Standard Member
    Dec 1, 2018
    Hey guys, this morning I completed the Watson Glaser test for Linklaters, but haven't had any email confirmation through yet. Does anyone know whether Linklaters tell you your results from the test and when they get back to you? Thanks in advance for any help :)

Hey Will,

I also did the WG Test for Linklaters last night and did not get any confirmation email and have not got results for the test either. It just said the test was submitted on the browser once I had finished. I did the test last cycle as well in the evening and they sent me a response and results early the next morning so I am almost certain they do inform you of how you did unless they have changed it. Maybe they're just currently working through the scores but hopefully, we should find out soon! :)

Reactions: _Will_ and Eva

datguyak

Esteemed Member
    Nov 20, 2018
    Have many people heard from White & Case- applied in November but still nothing? Just the email saying I will hear back in Jan. Assuming it's not good news given it's so late

J Malone

Valued Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    why do I always suffer from the technical problem? I surely took the online assessment of HSF but today i got an email that the firm has not received any response from my online test;

so I sent the email explaining my situation. and I feel so worried!!!!!!

J Wu

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 11, 2018
    why do I always suffer from the technical problem? I surely took the online assessment of HSF but today i got an email that the firm has not received any response from my online test;

so I sent the email explaining my situation. and I feel so worried!!!!!!

I know at least two people who have had the same thing happen to them. One of them went on to AC so I don't think you should worry; just explain your situation to them as you have done!

Reactions: J Malone

J Malone

Valued Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    oh, thank god! seriously

but I did not get the confirmation email after taking the exam.

but the true fact is that I took the test. I moved to a new flat on Sunday so I took it on Saturday night before packing!

Anyway wish me good luck

Thank you

datguyak

Esteemed Member
    Nov 20, 2018
    oh, thank god! seriously

but I did not get the confirmation email after taking the exam.

but the true fact is that I took the test. I moved to a new flat on Sunday so I took it on Saturday night before packing!

Anyway wish me good luck

Thank you

I don't think there is a confirmation email that you have taken it- I think you are only told if you pass or fail- that was the case for me anyway

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.