Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddie R

Esteemed Member
Jan 10, 2019
Do you guys think its worth sending my application to Reed Smith considering they recruit on a rolling basis? The deadline is the 31st but I don't think I've seen many people being interviewed yet, but not sure if it is too late to apply now.

Maddie R

Esteemed Member
Jan 10, 2019
Just hear that I've been invited to Addleshaw Goddard's AC (it went to my junk folder so everyone else who's waiting to here, have a look in there!). I'm super excited as it's my first AC! Does anyone have any tips/advice of how best to prepare?
Congratulations!! Best of luck :) Do you mind if I ask when you applied? Its been two weeks since I sent my app off and I have yet to hear from them

KLaw125

Junior Lawyer
Aug 21, 2018
Hi everyone, just received an invitation for NRF interview!!

Has anyone had any experience with the assessment centre process?
Thank you! When is your NRF interview? Just wondering how much notice they give you so that I'm mentally prepared. I had two days' notice for the AC I had with Simmons for their winter vac scheme last year...

I was informed a week before my upcoming assessment centre so I had some notice. But I'd mentally prepare for short notice just in case.

Reactions: Roland and J Malone

Roch1234

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2018
Also just received a rejection from Dentons, does anyone know their benchmark? So gutted as I was confident all my answers were correct! :(

Reallyreally sorry to hear that! Not sure of the benchmark, but I was offered an interview with Dentons HR just before Christmas so it might be down to most of the spaces being filled up?

Hazal

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 25, 2018
Do you guys think its worth sending my application to Reed Smith considering they recruit on a rolling basis? The deadline is the 31st but I don't think I've seen many people being interviewed yet, but not sure if it is too late to apply now.
Never too late in my opinion. There are quite a few examples from users on here sending it minutes before deadline and being invited to interview/AC

SW

Aug 31, 2018
Also just received a rejection from Dentons, does anyone know their benchmark? So gutted as I was confident all my answers were correct! :(

Hey sorry about the rejection ! I think there benchmark is quite high ! Can I just ask when you completed the WG I’m still waiting to hear back.. did you actually receive a rejection on a Saturday thought the weekend was a safe haven??

Last edited:

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi! I had one over the summer for a direct TC, so I'm not sure it will be the exact same but on top of my head it was essentially:
1) "why White&Case",
2) "why are you a good fit for the firm" (or something along those lines, also maybe one of those two may have been a practice question actually)
3) name/explain a challenge the legal industry is currently faced with
4) a time you had to show determination/resilience (don't remember exactly which of the two adjectives it was sorry)
I think either 1) or 2) was the practice question actually cause I remember there being only 3 real ones!

hope it helps :)

Sorry to bother you again, but were there only 3 questions? I am always used to 5 or 6 questions during a video interview? Let me know when you have a minute :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.