Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serenalaw

Standard Member
Jan 22, 2019
Hi I am new to this thread. I am really desperate for any advice on Clyde and co / Macfarlanes / bird and bird / dentons / Mayer brown Acs
I can offer advice from experience at ashurst or hogan lovells
And VI advice from Mishcon and Simmons.
Thank you so much in advance!

S30

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 19, 2019
Yeah so the paradox is that every AC/interview I have there are particular questions or exercises I trip up on, and next time I learn from them but it's something else that trips me up. But I agree. Part of my prep for this AC was reflecting on what went wrong last time. Which is why I think I get better. I'm just not there yet.

I'm only waiting to hear from one firm atm, which is Simmons Simmons for summer vac scheme. I will be applying to summer vac schemes and direct TCs at a number of firms such as Clifford Chance, Macfarlanes, Osborne Clarke, Shearman Sterling, Reed Smith, Norton Rose Fulbright, possibly Baker Mckenzie. They're all so different but I have my reasons haha

Hey Hazal!

Did you apply to Osborne Clarke's direct TC? :)

Reactions: Jay-Lo

gigi23

Distinguished Member
Jan 18, 2019
Has anyone heard from Latham yet? Last year they were fairly quick to send out VI invites post-deadline, so I'm wondering whether I should take their silence so far as a PFO...

• ℹ️
Reactions: gricole

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Lathams GR team changed this year, that could be the reason for the delay?

This seems like a logical explanation :) I don’t think anyone has heard from Latham either way which suggests perhaps they are waiting to send responses at once? It would seem like they are not opting to do things in stages as many other firms tend to but that’s my guess :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.