Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddie R

Esteemed Member
Jan 10, 2019
Competency: Why law? Why X firm? What do you think about X commercial issue? Basically testing your knowledge and competency of the legal profession and why you want to enter it.

Behavioural: How would you react in X situation? How can you draw on your experiences to help you with X? These will be more focused on you as an individual and what skills you have, as well as how you would act in certain circumstances.

Hope this helps!! :) This may not be 100% accurate but it is how I understand and differentiate between the two.

Hmm oops I may seem to have gotten this mixed up! Daniel's link really helps though so I'd check that out!!

(ps - why is this so complicated haha)

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi everyone, So Legal Cheek hosted an event at Shearman in mid January and although they have done an article write up I wondered if anyone attended the event, and if so, do they possibly have any notes or pointers about the firm? Have my interview tomorrow :)

STWO

Distinguished Member
Jan 5, 2019
Not been invited to AC but have a phone interview with Mayer Brown this Friday. If anyone has tips that would be much appreciated. I also have no idea how/where I'm going to do it as the best time I could get was 2pm on Friday and I'll be at work...

And I will send you my scores if you like, it only says average, above average etc. if that's what you mean though?

Hey, hope the telephone interview went well! Yeah i mean the 'average', 'above average' etc. Thanks for your help :)

Insecable

Star Member
Trainee
Junior Lawyer 16
Jan 13, 2019
Hi everyone, So Legal Cheek hosted an event at Shearman in mid January and although they have done an article write up I wondered if anyone attended the event, and if so, do they possibly have any notes or pointers about the firm? Have my interview tomorrow :)

Hi Alice,

A full video of the event was uploaded to the Shearman & Sterling Grad UK YouTube channel. I watched it yesterday and it was quite useful. Good luck.

Harvey

Distinguished Member
Nov 11, 2018
**OPINION PLEASE**

Last week I attended an assessment centre with CMS. They told us we would be in touch “tomorrow” or “Friday at the latest”. Everyone I have spoken to has already received offers. I haven’t received any contact at all, not even a rejection email. What do you guys think?

S30

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 19, 2019
**OPINION PLEASE**

Last week I attended an assessment centre with CMS. They told us we would be in touch “tomorrow” or “Friday at the latest”. Everyone I have spoken to has already received offers. I haven’t received any contact at all, not even a rejection email. What do you guys think?

If you do not hear back from them tomorrow, I would suggest emailing or calling the Grad Recruitment team to find out your position. I think it's a reasonable explanation behind them not contacting you, as they got many people to go through.

Best of luck!

Anaya

Premium Member
Sep 13, 2018
Has anyone heard from Mishcon or RPC on VS apps? I completed tests for both about a week and a half ago and am waiting to hear....Just wondering what other people's timelines were like?
Thanks

Jada Akuffo

Standard Member
Dec 1, 2018
Has anyone heard from Mishcon or RPC on VS apps? I completed tests for both about a week and a half ago and am waiting to hear....Just wondering what other people's timelines were like?
Thanks
Hi Anaya,

I am happy to share my timeline for RPC. I applied for the RPC VS on 17th January and was invited to complete the verbal reasoning test on 21st January. I completed the test on the 23rd and heard back from them the next day thanking me for completing the test and saying they were in the process of reviewing all applications and I would hear back by the end of February (which I think was a mistake and they meant the end of January). I was then invited to the AC the day after on 25th January.

I would not worry that you haven't heard back yet as like they said in the email, they are reviewing all applications and plan to get back to everyone by the end of the month at the latest. So you should find out this week! Everyone's timelines will be slightly different depending on when they submitted their application, completed the test, who reviews the application etc.

Best of luck with your outcome and happy to give you any more information if you wish :)

Anaya

Premium Member
Sep 13, 2018
Hi Anaya,

I am happy to share my timeline for RPC. I applied for the RPC VS on 17th January and was invited to complete the verbal reasoning test on 21st January. I completed the test on the 23rd and heard back from them the next day thanking me for completing the test and saying they were in the process of reviewing all applications and I would hear back by the end of February (which I think was a mistake and they meant the end of January). I was then invited to the AC the day after on 25th January.

I would not worry that you haven't heard back yet as like they said in the email, they are reviewing all applications and plan to get back to everyone by the end of the month at the latest. So you should find out this week! Everyone's timelines will be slightly different depending on when they submitted their application, completed the test, who reviews the application etc.

Best of luck with your outcome and happy to give you any more information if you wish :)

Thanks Jada - my timeline is basically identical to yours! Except they are still reviewing my app.... Is your AC on Feb 1?

Jada Akuffo

Standard Member
Dec 1, 2018
Thanks Jada - my timeline is basically identical to yours! Except they are still reviewing my app.... Is your AC on Feb 1?

No problem! I had a choice for the AC between the 1st and 5th February and chose the latter as I had a lot of uni deadlines and seminar readings and needed a bit more time to prepare. They might release more AC dates once those two become full.

The fact that they are still reviewing your app is certainly not a bad thing as I am sure people have been rejected by this point. If you haven't heard back by the end of the month I would definitely get in contact with grad recruitment, but always worth emailing/calling earlier if you want peace of mind :)

Catherine

Distinguished Member
Nov 28, 2018
Thanks

Hey Anaya, I submitted RPC on the deadline day and did the test early last week, I was invited to AC at the end of the week, the date of the AC is next week (pretty quick process!).

I submitted Mishcon back in December, did the tests in December and got invited to VI in early Jan. I only heard back last week that I had got to the next stage - their timeline was a bit slower!

Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.