Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaya

Premium Member
Sep 13, 2018
Hey Anaya, I submitted RPC on the deadline day and did the test early last week, I was invited to AC at the end of the week, the date of the AC is next week (pretty quick process!).

I submitted Mishcon back in December, did the tests in December and got invited to VI in early Jan. I only heard back last week that I had got to the next stage - their timeline was a bit slower!

Hope this helps :)

Thanks Catherine! I'll just have to keep waiting. Congrats on both and good luck for your Acs :)

heidipercyslinky

Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
Jan 28, 2019
Ahh I see, yeah literally exactly the same as you, heard back that I passed the test within a few days too. Nothing since then and my app is supposedly still under review on the portal. My topic was a reasonable risk which might not have paid off. Will see if I hear next week but if not maybe it wasn’t to be! Really happy for you though and hope it goes well! I’ve heard many people say it’s technical so maybe if you have time it would be good to get a book to help with general commercial stuff? I got Chris Stoakes’ ‘All You Need To Know About The City’ and it’s really useful! :)

I still haven't received any response on whether I passed the test or not. Should I assume this is a PFO?

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
I’m the exact same, I haven’t heard anything since doing online test!
I don't think there is cause for concern - I saw that they are running ACs up to March and have more than one a week. Most people I have spoken to have applied to HSF and I cannot imagine how many they received so I think we just have to sit tight with this one :) I will say on here if I hear either way :)

EZ_D

• Nov 27, 2018
    If a firm allows applicants to make both vac scheme app + TC app at once, is it advisable to do so? Or will they question applicants' decisions as it seems they do not know what they actually want? Any thought is much appreciated :)

Abstruser

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Jul 19, 2018
    If a firm allows applicants to make both vac scheme app + TC app at once, is it advisable to do so? Or will they question applicants' decisions as it seems they do not know what they actually want? Any thought is much appreciated :)

I asked White & Case GR this question last cycle, and I was told it’s not necessarily about them questioning your motivations but more about you putting all your eggs in one basket - if you submit the same application for both a TC and VS you won’t be able to reapply to the firm (in the same cycle) if it is unsuccessful, whereas if you are rejected for a VS you could improve your app and reapply for a TC.

Hope that helps :)

Reactions: S30, EZ_D and Salma

EZ_D

• Nov 27, 2018
    I asked White & Case GR this question last cycle, and I was told it’s not necessarily about them questioning your motivations but more about you putting all your eggs in one basket - if you submit the same application for both a TC and VS you won’t be able to reapply to the firm (in the same cycle) if it is unsuccessful, whereas if you are rejected for a VS you could improve your app and reapply for a TC.

Hope that helps :)
    I haven't thought about that! This is really helpful, thanks a lot again :)

Reactions: Abstruser

Catherine

Distinguished Member
    Nov 28, 2018
    Does anyone know if RPC (or most firms in general) operate AC's on a rolling basis?

I've been given the choice of two dates, and would probably rather do the one later in the same week to have more prep time (as have another AC at the start of the week) but equally want to take the date which gives me the best chance of securing a place!

Would appreciate any help from people who have found out from graduate recruitment (I have asked but not yet received a response) :)

Tstrack

Premium Member
    Sep 30, 2018
    Does anyone know if RPC (or most firms in general) operate AC's on a rolling basis?

I've been given the choice of two dates, and would probably rather do the one later in the same week to have more prep time (as have another AC at the start of the week) but equally want to take the date which gives me the best chance of securing a place!

Would appreciate any help from people who have found out from graduate recruitment (I have asked but not yet received a response) :)

Most firms make offers on a rolling basis, from what I know, although I'm unsure about RPC! They normally let you know within the week if you have an offer.

Anaya

Premium Member
    Sep 13, 2018

So I actually phoned them today to check on the status of my app and asked them this question. They basically said they will be running ACs all the way up until the end of Feb (so it wasn't a typo in their email) and give some places as they go along, but also do try and wait until all of the ACs have been completed to give everyone a fair shot. I'd say that if your AC dates are just a few days apart, I think you're safe to take the later one if you want to maximise your prep time - I don't think they will have made a conclusive decision on those they want to offer vac schemes to from just a few days before.

Reactions: Jaysen
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.