Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I'm a career-changer looking at training contracts and hoping that the TCLA forum will help improve any applications and be beneficial to me as a candidate. Looking forward to getting to know you all!
    Welcome, it’s great to have you on here :).

RoughWood

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Feb 24, 2021
    Hi Matt! Welcome to TCLA!

I am also a career changer on my first TC application cycle this year so know exactly how it feels!

TCLA is a great resource, the members are friendly and really supportive and there is great advice on all aspects of the process. The hardest thing I found was tailoring my CV and experiences for the legal sector, half of the battle is identifying what the questions on applications are actually looking for. Have a nosey around and although it takes ages, I would recommend reading through the previous closed threads on direct TC applications as there is a wealth of information. I found that really helpful.

Feel free to drop me a message if you have any questions, I may not be able to answer them but I can give you my experiences of what not to do so far. TC apps are definitely a learning curve and some of my first ones make me cringe reading them now. TCLA has been an invaluable resource in improving my applications.

Look forward to seeing you around the forum!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.