Holman Fenwick Willian

Ali2020

Esteemed Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hi All

I'm really stuck on how to answer 'why this firm' Q....was hoping for some inspiration! Theres quite a big word count of 350 words, so don't want to end up just waffling.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi All

I'm really stuck on how to answer 'why this firm' Q....was hoping for some inspiration! Theres quite a big word count of 350 words, so don't want to end up just waffling.

This is one of the times where I have to stress this needs to come from you, not from other people...

What interests you about the firm?

it’s practice areas
It’s clients
It’s expertise
It’s culture

be really specific - drill down to why this firm stood out to you compared to the 100s of others you wanted to apply to

Reactions: Ali2020

Ali2020

Esteemed Member
Dec 11, 2019
This is one of the times where I have to stress this needs to come from you, not from other people...

What interests you about the firm?

it’s practice areas
It’s clients
It’s expertise
It’s culture

be really specific - drill down to why this firm stood out to you compared to the 100s of others you wanted to apply to
Thanks Jessica! I think it's just that where most firms have a 250 word limit...I'm a bit concerned how to reach this 350 limit without waffling?!

Zsaurcaks1

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Sep 4, 2018
HFW are very sector-focused, so I think it’d make sense to tell them why you are interested in those specific sectors.
Seconded! I did their vacation scheme last year and spoke heavily about their sector focus in my application, but specifically which sectors appeals to me and why. If you need any help by the way, feel free to PM! :)

Reactions: Ali2020

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.