How does Kennedys differ from other firms you have applied to?

User84

Sep 2, 2021
Hi all! On the Kennedys application form, they ask 'how does Kennedys differ from other firms you have applied to'. I'm wondering if HR wants me to name other firms that I have applied to like RPC that also focus on insurance and then identify a factor that distinguishes Kennedys from them, or if I should be more general in mentioning 'unlike my other firms of choice'?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi all! On the Kennedys application form, they ask 'how does Kennedys differ from other firms you have applied to'. I'm wondering if HR wants me to name other firms that I have applied to like RPC that also focus on insurance and then identify a factor that distinguishes Kennedys from them, or if I should be more general in mentioning 'unlike my other firms of choice'?
Either approach is fine (seen both work well) but being specific with the distinguishing features is really important either way, and then aligning it to your motivations equally so.

Reactions: AvniD and User84

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
You could do both as long as you structure it well. I'd state the distinguishing factor ➡️ explain how/why this makes Kennedys different from other firms you're applying to ➡️ link this factor to your motivations for wanting to work at Kennedys (quality of training, international reach, ethos, a certain sector/practice area expertise etc. ). Does this make sense?

User84

Sep 2, 2021
You could do both as long as you structure it well. I'd state the distinguishing factor ➡️ explain how/why this makes Kennedys different from other firms you're applying to ➡️ link this factor to your motivations for wanting to work at Kennedys (quality of training, international reach, ethos, a certain sector/practice area expertise etc. ). Does this make sense?
It does make sense, thanks!

Reactions: AvniD

Praying4TC2022

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 3, 2022
    Please follow the following thread for updates on the Kennedys 2023 Training Contract application. Kennedys Training Contract 2023 | The Corporate Law Academy Forum

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.