I need some advice

chirag12

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 17, 2023
Hi,
I want to start applying to law firms after the summer. As I do not have the minimum A-level requirement (ABB) for lots of top law firms, I will only apply to the law firms where I meet the A-level requirements such as DLA Piper, Clifford Chance etc. I got a BCC.

If I can not claim mitigating circumstances for my A-level results, how much will it affect my application for the law firms where I meet the A-level requirements? I am currently predicted an upper 2:1/first for my LLB law degree. I'm trying to get as much legal experience as possible. Im not sure if I can claim mitigating circumstances as during my A levels I had family problems but did not disclose this to anyone so I have no evidence.

Any advice would be helpful :).

Louise59

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Feb 13, 2023
    Hi - from what I read on other threads, if you apply to firms where you meet A-level requirements and you seem to have good grades at university too, you should be fine. Just make sure to thoroughly prepare the written answers and good luck for your applications!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.