zara elles

Valued Member
Dec 24, 2020
Hey guys I still haven't heard anything. Is it a good idea to email the recruitment team? Its been way over a month since our ACs so this is really concerning to me.
They’ve been taking a while to get back to everyone so hopefully they’ll be in touch soon😭 I don’t think there’s any harm in contacting grad recruitment though!

KceeCan

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 28, 2021
    Hi everyone !!! for anybody still waiting I’d really recommend you to email one of the grad recruitment team. I emailed them and 10 minutes later recieved a phone call with a TC offer for the Manchester office! I was so shocked and didn’t expect it at all so don’t give up if you’ve not heard back yet.
    congratulations!🎉

Reactions: jessmc11

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I also got offered a TC with them on Friday☺️ So happy! But I have 2 weeks to accept and am waiting on others, does anyone know what to do in this situation?
    You can ask them for an extension of the offer.

You can also contact the other firms and explain you have an offer and therefore is there any possibility of finding out earlier whether you would be brought through to the next stage/be made an offer (subject to where you are in the recruitment process).

You can also accept the offer and then renege it at a later stage should you want/need to.

Lilz

Esteemed Member
    Dec 16, 2020
    You can ask them for an extension of the offer.

You can also contact the other firms and explain you have an offer and therefore is there any possibility of finding out earlier whether you would be brought through to the next stage/be made an offer (subject to where you are in the recruitment process).

You can also accept the offer and then renege it at a later stage should you want/need to.
    Ah great thanks so much Jessica!

It’s actually a vac scheme I have coming up, so it would be silly for me to reject the Kennedys offer, but also silly of me to not attend the vac scheme, so I was worrying!

Will there be no implications if I sign and then say I don’t want it anymore?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Ah great thanks so much Jessica!

It’s actually a vac scheme I have coming up, so it would be silly for me to reject the Kennedys offer, but also silly of me to not attend the vac scheme, so I was worrying!

Will there be no implications if I sign and then say I don’t want it anymore?
    The only implications will be if you start the process of onboarding law school with them (e.g. SQE/LPC courses), then you could potentially find yourself having to cover the cost of the course even if you don't start it. Same if you received a maintenance grant from the firm (although as I understand it, Kennedys do an apprenticeship model of training and so this wouldn't be an issue as you are not enrolled until you start the apprenticeship).

zara elles

Valued Member
    Dec 24, 2020
    Yes Ive been invited to the partner interview. wbu?

I wonder what further they would ask, seeing as the stage prior was the associate interview.
    I have too, do you mind me asking what programme u applied to and where? I did prof liability and just wondering how many of us they invited to final interview, given there’s only one place I think

The questions I assume would be similar to the last interview we had?

t.elle97

Mar 11, 2022
    I have too, do you mind me asking what programme u applied to and where? I did prof liability and just wondering how many of us they invited to final interview, given there’s only one place I think

The questions I assume would be similar to the last interview we had?
    I have a feeling they will be quite similar too and I applied to the London liability programme, slightly different to yours.

I also wondered how many spaces there are on each programme. I was thinking 2 or 3 but that may be optimistic.

Praying4TC2022

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 3, 2022
    Congratulations to all that have received TC offers :)! I will set up a Whatsapp group for any prospective 2023 London trainees. Please direct message me if you'd like to join.

For those that were unsuccessful this time round... good luck with all other applications, I am sure an opportunity/offer is just around the corner.

To all - Thank you very much for your contributions to this thread. All your tips/updates have made the process much for informative and enjoyable.

Happy Bank Holiday weekend :)!

• Love
    Reactions: t.elle97 and FK7991

Lilz

Esteemed Member
    Dec 16, 2020
    The only implications will be if you start the process of onboarding law school with them (e.g. SQE/LPC courses), then you could potentially find yourself having to cover the cost of the course even if you don't start it. Same if you received a maintenance grant from the firm (although as I understand it, Kennedys do an apprenticeship model of training and so this wouldn't be an issue as you are not enrolled until you start the apprenticeship).
    Hi Jessica,

Thanks for this.

I was wondering if I accept it, would I need to write to the firm I’m doing a vacation scheme in June with to let them know that I’ve already accepted an offer, but still want to do the vac scheme?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi Jessica,

Thanks for this.

I was wondering if I accept it, would I need to write to the firm I’m doing a vacation scheme in June with to let them know that I’ve already accepted an offer, but still want to do the vac scheme?
    Only if your VS offer states that you need to disclose it - otherwise you don't.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.