Linklaters 2019/20 Application

Lil

Jan 17, 2020
Hey guys, did anyone upload a cover letter as part of the online application process? I know it's not mandatory, but I was just curious about this because the "transcripts" section mentioned that you could submit a cover letter if you wanted to...

Karin

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2019
    Hi guys! I saw quite a few you asking regarding Linklaters AC tips so I thought I'd share my experience.

I went to my AC in November and as it was my first AC, I must say I was very nervous, but it was not as bad as I thought and I actually enjoyed it (as much as you can enjoy a 5-hour-long AC :D)

I have already written up the details of my AC experience here: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/linklaters-vacation-scheme-interview-2019.1849/

I was unsuccessful following the AC and told that while I did well during the GR Interview, my case study did not go that well. I think the best way to prepare for the case study is to understand how M&A deal is structured, different ways of how it can be financed, be able to define any terms that you use in your answer (financing through debt/equity etc.), but also - practice! As I only learned everything, I was really struggling with typing my answer up in a coherent and concise way, covering all of the points required (and also typing on their TouchPad laptop wasn't ideal).

If you have any more questions after reading the AC write-up, ask away! Happy to help!

MVE49

Star Member
    Jan 3, 2020
    Considering some people already had ACs last week and others have ACs this week I’m going to assume it’s a PFO for my direct TC app...for what it’s worth it doesn’t seem like they rely heavily on WG scores as I got 40/40 :(
    I think the ACs that have been were from the winter vac scheme and there’s only been one person who’s got an AC next week. Someone on student room said that they spoke to a paralegal at LL who said the direct TC ACs would be in the last week of January and first week of February

Sammie

Star Member
    Nov 13, 2019
    Hi guys, has anyone had an AC invite for the Spring Vac yet?
    Still "on hold", applied in December. Also, what is the " interview additional information" after the "candidate review" section?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.