axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hi all,

Is anyone currently doing/have done the LLM (SQE1+SQE2) course at either Ulaw or BPP (in London)?

Looking to start the course this year and would appreciate some advice/insight.

Thank you.
Hey @elinlindelow,

Thank you for the question as it will help many in your same shoes and me personally too. I am going to start the program in September at BPP so I personally do not have knowledge on how to prepare. However, I have many friends who have started the program last September and just sat the SQE1.

The main advice they gave me is to start preparing for the courses you will not do on the course now so contract, public, tort, land, trusts, criminal. You should prepare those before starting so when you start you already have the basics down and you can focus a lot more on the new courses. Additionally, they told me that it is important to keep yourself up to date with the knowledge from those core courses and do multiple choice questions every weekend on those subjects that are not going to be taught on the program. This will allow you to be more prepared when SQE1 comes along.

I hope this was helpful!

Reactions: elinlindelow

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    I am doing the CCP (which is the SQE1, SQE2, and masters) at BPP. I would not recommend ULaw or BPP, but I would choose ULaw over BPP. The materials we have been given were definitely not enough to support us going into the SQE.

QLTS has a really good programme and their practice test was most similar to the SQE1. BARBRI is also pretty good as they have lots of MCQs to practice and are a lot more flexible than other providers.

elinlindelow

Premium Member
    Oct 28, 2022
    Hey @elinlindelow,

Thank you for the question as it will help many in your same shoes and me personally too. I am going to start the program in September at BPP so I personally do not have knowledge on how to prepare. However, I have many friends who have started the program last September and just sat the SQE1.

The main advice they gave me is to start preparing for the courses you will not do on the course now so contract, public, tort, land, trusts, criminal. You should prepare those before starting so when you start you already have the basics down and you can focus a lot more on the new courses. Additionally, they told me that it is important to keep yourself up to date with the knowledge from those core courses and do multiple choice questions every weekend on those subjects that are not going to be taught on the program. This will allow you to be more prepared when SQE1 comes along.

I hope this was helpful!
    Thank you Axel,

That's helpful advice.

(provided I don't get a training contract before starting the course) I wonder how to choose between ULaw and BPP.

Do you have any insight into which provider is better teaching-wise? As well as reputation?

Thanks!

Reactions: axelbeugre

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    Thank you Axel,

That's helpful advice.

(provided I don't get a training contract before starting the course) I wonder how to choose between ULaw and BPP.

Do you have any insight into which provider is better teaching-wise? As well as reputation?

Thanks!
    There is no difference from my perspective, they both have strengths and many weaknesses unfortunately. I would choose based on the firms you are interested in. BPP is where majority of the law firms send their candidates to so If i was applying to one of the two I would ultimately choose BPP.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.