LPC pre work really necessary?

MikSoroko

Feb 11, 2021
How much of the pre-work is really needed? Hundreds of pages of pre-module reading, 3 lectures per unit. Surely not all of it is required or will be examined on? Also, would people recommend getting the law answered book - does that have everything we need for the course? It seems like the lectures/reading are much more detailed than the law answered book.

H.N.

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer 22
Jul 28, 2020
For BPP, I personally just did the reading only as it was a repeat of LLB content. There’s no need to take notes or anything, and a lot of people don’t do it anyway- it doesn’t come up again.

I didn’t use any guides as I really didn’t feel the need to, but I think the best thing you can have access to is some recent legacy notes specific to where you’re studying as they’ll guide you for workshop and exam purposes.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.