Mishcon Video Interview, 2021-22

Homer

Star Member
Premium Member
Jan 12, 2021
Hi,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Has anyone completed the Mischon De Raya Video Interview for the 2021-22 Vacation Scheme? If so, I would really appreciate it if you could answer some of my questions.

1. Could you please provide some insight into the nature of the interview and the questions asked. Are the questions motivational, competency or behavioural?
2. What is the procedure of the interview. Do you get a few re-records or just one? How long is the prep time for each question? How long is the answer time for each question? The last VI I did had unlimited re-records and I do not know if it is the same for Mischon.

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: George Maxwell

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
Hi,

Has anyone completed the Mischon De Raya Video Interview for the 2021-22 Vacation Scheme? If so, I would really appreciate it if you could answer some of my questions.

1. Could you please provide some insight into the nature of the interview and the questions asked. Are the questions motivational, competency or behavioural?
2. What is the procedure of the interview. Do you get a few re-records or just one? How long is the prep time for each question? How long is the answer time for each question? The last VI I did had unlimited re-records and I do not know if it is the same for Mischon.

Thank you in advance.
Hey @Homer,

While you are waiting on replies to your question, it might be worth exploring the content already on the forum by using the search bar in the top right of the screen (if you are using a laptop). For example, searching "Mishcon VI" looks promising. Proactively messaging users who appear to have posted previously about their VI with MDR might also be helpful!

Please do reach out if I can help at all with anything!

Alice123

Nov 27, 2022
Hi,

Thank you in advance.
Hi @Homer just wondering whether you ever heard back? Looking for answers to the questions you raise!

Alice123

Nov 27, 2022
Hi,

Thank you in advance.
Hi @Homer just wondering whether you ever heard back? Looking for answers to the questions you raise!

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hi, does anyone know whether Mishcon automatically sends a video interview after you submit an app, or does your app have to be approved first?

Thanks!
I'm not 100% sure about this but the firm refers to the VI as the second stage on their recruitment website, and they also state that candidates are contacted about their progress after each stage, which makes me believe that the VI is only sent to those who have passed the application stage.

Lawstudent**

Star Member
  • Aug 27, 2022
    I'm not 100% sure about this but the firm refers to the VI as the second stage on their recruitment website, and they also state that candidates are contacted about their progress after each stage, which makes me believe that the VI is only sent to those who have passed the application stage.
    Thank you AvniD!

Could I also ask whether you have any advice on how to answer a video strength based interview? I understand these interviews are typically shorter, and are self recorded. I have tried to look for forumns explaining the type of structure used (I assume the STAR/CAR approach but obviously in a natural way) but there is nothing haha

Thanks!

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Thank you AvniD!

Could I also ask whether you have any advice on how to answer a video strength based interview? I understand these interviews are typically shorter, and are self recorded. I have tried to look for forumns explaining the type of structure used (I assume the STAR/CAR approach but obviously in a natural way) but there is nothing haha

Thanks!
    @Lawstudent** I have never done a strengths-based VI but my instinct tells me that you're on the right track with going down the STAR/CAR route in a less structured manner than you would in an application form. I'm guessing they'll ask you to tell them about a time when you had to balance competing priorities, come through for your team, motivate yourself after a failure etc. This resource here has a good collection of strengths-based Qs you can use to practice!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.