Non-academic example

Sam12

Sep 11, 2023
Hi everyone! If an application question is asking for an example of a non-academic situation where you left your comfort zone, can I use living abroad as the example, even though the reason I was living abroad was academic (year studying abroad as part of my degree)?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone! If an application question is asking for an example of a non-academic situation where you left your comfort zone, can I use living abroad as the example, even though the reason I was living abroad was academic (year studying abroad as part of my degree)?

I think the context of it then needs to be not related to your degree though - eg not studying in a foreign language/not adapting to a new academic style of learning, but more about living in the country.

Sam12

Sep 11, 2023
Yeah, I was planning on just explaining the impact of choosing to live somewhere 10,000 miles away and the experience I got from that. I would not mention studying/my degree at all.

Thanks for your response.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.