Norton Rose Fulbright Training Contract Application 2025

Update on status of application post-psychometric tests

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MPSM

Jul 3, 2023
I feel like these single TC threads hinder rather than help this forum.

Every day, multiple people posting the same 3 posts:
1. Will we hear today? (in the morning)
2. I hope we hear today (in the afternoon)
3. Night everyone, hope we hear tomorrow (in the evening)

Plus multiple single TC threads and specific question threads about single firm applications, and you lose track of where the useful info or news is.

I don't like to block or mute anything just in case but maybe make some of these private or by invitation only.
Appreciate the input. I can understand your reservation. However, I've found it incredibly useful having a single-focused forum where people can share useful insight on the process.

Naturally people will want to ask whether anyone has heard back on a frequent basis, because I presume many are anxious and want frequent updates to see if anyone has heard anything. Ideally people would update the forum as soon as they've had any update in their application; therefore, taking away the need for people to ask for updates. However, this would be unrealistic in practice.

While I share your reservations to some extent, I feel the benefits out-way the hinderances.

So, I suggest we keep rooting one another on, keep sharing useful insights and supporting one another.... and hopefully get the outcome we wish for (either in this cycle or in the cycles to come).

Good luck all :)

PirateShip

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2021
I don't have any issues with any content consenting adults share, just the execution.

The other dozens of other firms and it would be unfeasible to have single TC threads for every one clogging up the forum.

In fact, we're even locking the general threads for this cycle this week. Will the current NRF cycle continue on its own until the last person has heard?

It may be even be construed a little bit selfish to proclaim let's keep business as usual with all the other applicants elsewhere on this forum.

Maybe mods can help with placement and/or invitation issues. Unless we're being sponsored by NRF or something.
Genuinely having difficulty wrapping my head around why you have a problem with this thread. If the current cycle's discussion thread is being closed this week then surely that's all the more reason to have a dedicated thread for the ongoing NRF application cycle?

Louise59

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Feb 13, 2023
    I don't have any issues with any content consenting adults share, just the execution.

The other dozens of other firms and it would be unfeasible to have single TC threads for every one clogging up the forum.

In fact, we're even locking the general threads for this cycle this week. Will the current NRF cycle continue on its own until the last person has heard?

It may be even be construed a little bit selfish to proclaim let's keep business as usual with all the other applicants elsewhere on this forum.

Maybe mods can help with placement and/or invitation issues. Unless we're being sponsored by NRF or something.
    Hi - you are free to only use the general thread if a NRF thread doesn’t please you but it seems it is useful for other people :).

Louise59

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Feb 13, 2023
    does anyone else feel like we might not hear back today? esp If they’re still deliberating and
    Interesting that multiple people applying to be lawyers keep missing the point.

Content: I don't mind
    Execution: I mind

Hope that helps.

And to have a dedicated TC thread about the current cycle while everything else is locked and not mind, is literally the definition of selfish.
    No but it won’t be locked they open a new thread every year in September, re-read Jaysen’s post or have a look at last year’s forum.

Last edited:

PirateShip

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 3, 2021
    Interesting that multiple people applying to be lawyers keep missing the point.
    Lol. I'm just going to assume you're having a bad day or something. If I might ask, what are you proposing as a solution then? As far as I can see, besides a dedicated thread, there are only three options that allow people to continue talking about their ongoing NRF applications:

1. Use the 2026 application thread (not ideal as we are discussing a 2025 application)
    2. Talk in private (not ideal as any information is no longer public)
    3. Stop talking about our applications (???)

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey all,

It's fine for us to have dedicated threads for particular firms. I actually thought this was a clever idea borne from the community to keep these discussions in one place.

As @MPSM said, this is a time that is incredibly stressful and sometimes the best parts of these threads are giving people an opportunity to share what they're worried about, even if there is no new information to be provided as an update. This is especially important for people who don't have connections in the legal space they can turn to for these doubts.

The general vacation scheme and training contract thread is only being replaced with a more updated one for this cycle at the end of this week.

gilo

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 27, 2020
    But - sorry if it is a dumb question - wouldn’t they know at the end of the TI if it went well and they want to invite the applicant to the next stay or not?
    I think they score them and then look at all the scores and weigh up who was the strongest top to bottom - and either pass or reject based on how many they want to take through to the AC

gilo

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 27, 2020
    I think they score them and then look at all the scores and weigh up who was the strongest top to bottom - and either pass or reject based on how many they want to take through to the AC
    So yeah they might have a general idea of where they sit following the interview based on how others performed but if it’s tight it might take longer to go into more detail for candidates and try and get a more accurate idea of where they all lie - which is probably what has happened here and hence delays

Reactions: MPSM and Louise59

MPSM

Jul 3, 2023

Can anyone confirm:

1. How many trainees they take in each year? (Or this year specifically)
    2. How many applicants they tend to take through to the AC?
    3. Whether they've already filled spaces for the 2025 TC based on any Vacation Scheme students?

I do not expect any one person to have all/any of this info - but it would be helpful to get some insight from anyone who might be aware from either speaking with NRF GRT, previous cycle experience or through word of mouth.

Reactions: Is00

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020

Can anyone confirm:

3. Whether they've already filled spaces for the 2025 TC based on any Vacation Scheme students?

I do not expect any one person to have all/any of this info - but it would be helpful to get some insight from anyone who might be aware from either speaking with NRF GRT, previous cycle experience or through word of mouth.

Legal cheek usually states it maybe check there or roll on Friday.

Reactions: MPSM

gilo

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 27, 2020

Can anyone confirm:

I presume they want to take through roughly half through to AC and then half of that to TC. I think they give around 50 TCs. From what I gather they must have TId around 40-50 for the direct AC and from there take 25 into probably about 2 ACs before giving around 10-15 tcs (after already giving 30 or so from the VSs)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.