Norton Rose Fulbright Training Contract Application 2025

Update on status of application post-psychometric tests

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MPSMM

Star Member
  • Jul 3, 2023
    Hello all!

Hope everyone is progressing well with their Training Contract (TC) applications ahead of the key deadlines kicking in over the next couple of days/weeks.

I have set up this forum to allow applicants to keep track of updates specifically related to the Norton Rose Fulbright (NRF) TC applications for the 2025 programme.

Please share your current status, i.e., whether you have not yet applied, or have submitted the application and are either awaiting a response or have heard back etc.

Looking forward to speaking with you all :)

Thanks

Reactions: MPSM

MPSMM

Star Member
  • Jul 3, 2023
    Hello! I've applied :). They don't recruit on a rolling basis, so I think it may be some time til I hear back?
    Hello - congrats for getting the application over the line. Yes, I believe so. The deadline is tomorrow - so, I suspect we may hear back 2-3 weeks from this date (at the earliest). However, I am hopeful for a sooner response.

MPSMM

Star Member
  • Jul 3, 2023
    Hey, managed to get my app over the line 5 mins before the deadline. Not super hopeful as I was a little rushed with it. Also I found the app to be very hard with word limits.
    Congrats on getting the application over the line (just) haha. It was quite challenging with the word limits.

Do you know what the next steps for the application process are?

Co0rpBarbie20

Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Jun 23, 2023
    hi! I made an application to NRF. However, it is my first ever TC application so I am not expecting much. I had a question regarding the next steps. The website states there will be a 'psychometric' assessment. Is this the Watson Glaser test or just any psychometric assessment? and is this uniform across all firms? I am quite new to the TC programmes since I am not based and I haven't studied in the UK! Any help would be appreciated!

Reactions: MPSMM

MPSMM

Star Member
  • Jul 3, 2023
    hi! I made an application to NRF. However, it is my first ever TC application so I am not expecting much. I had a question regarding the next steps. The website states there will be a 'psychometric' assessment. Is this the Watson Glaser test or just any psychometric assessment? and is this uniform across all firms? I am quite new to the TC programmes since I am not based and I haven't studied in the UK! Any help would be appreciated!
    Hello Deandra,

Thanks for your message.

I believe the psychometric test for NRF is bespoke, so it will not be the standard Watson Glaser test. However, it may follow a similar approach / logic. I have not done it myself personally.

Reactions: Co0rpBarbie20

LegallyBrown

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
  • Jun 20, 2023
    Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing when you applied? 😊
    Hey, can't comment on Asola, but I heard back today too (just an invite to the psychometric test). I applied on the 09th.

I would not worry if you haven't heard back yet. They could be assessing in batches for all we know and this does not mean it will necessarily be in date order.

Reactions: MPSMM and bibss

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    Hey, can't comment on Asola, but I heard back today too (just an invite to the psychometric test). I applied on the 09th.

I would not worry if you haven't heard back yet. They could be assessing in batches for all we know and this does not mean it will necessarily be in date order.
    Thanks a lot and congrats on your invite! I see what you are saying but from my past experience with law applications (not NRF specifically) if you are not among the first ones to hear back it’s probably bad news! Wishing you good luck with your assessments!

MPSMM

Star Member
  • Jul 3, 2023
    Congrats to those that have heard back. I also heard back today. Has anyone has any experience with the Watson Glaser or Arctic Shores tests? I'm wondering how you are prepping for those? Thanks

Bibss - Hoping you hear back soon. It's not nice waiting so long to hear back.

Edie13

Jul 26, 2023
    I received the assessment yesterday as well. Does anyone have good websites to practice the watson glasser? I feel like i'm getting too familiar with some of the questions in assessment day. I'm trying to find difficult practice tests.

asola

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 15, 2022
    Congrats to those that have heard back. I also heard back today. Has anyone has any experience with the Watson Glaser or Arctic Shores tests? I'm wondering how you are prepping for those? Thanks

Bibss - Hoping you hear back soon. It's not nice waiting so long to hear back.
    Congrats! How did you find the Arctic Shores test?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.