SebJames01

Aug 23, 2023
Hi!

I’m looking to apply for the vacation schemes this time round. I have two questions about the impact of Open Days on applications:

1) Am I disadvantaged majorly by not going to any Open Days?

I know they’re a big help, but I couldn’t do them in the last round of them.

2) Would it be beneficial for me to attend some of the Open Days this time around even after my application has been submitted to the law firms?

Thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi!

I’m looking to apply for the vacation schemes this time round. I have two questions about the impact of Open Days on applications:

1) Am I disadvantaged majorly by not going to any Open Days?

I know they’re a big help, but I couldn’t do them in the last round of them.

2) Would it be beneficial for me to attend some of the Open Days this time around even after my application has been submitted to the law firms?

Thanks!
1) no - plenty of people don’t do open days but they can be a good way to learn more about the firm and build up your CV if you are lacking legal work experience.

2) yes - it can still be beneficial to attend. I tend to suggest applying for the open day first though and then applying for the vacation scheme once you know the outcome from your open day, and especially waiting until you have attended the open day if that is the outcome.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.