Re-applying for Vacation Schemes

GNewick304

Aug 25, 2021
I got rejected before interview for a vacation scheme last year, and plan on reapplying to the same firm this year; should I make a new account with a different email to the one I used last year so that they don't see that I was previously rejected, or is this just a waste of time?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I got rejected before interview for a vacation scheme last year, and plan on reapplying to the same firm this year; should I make a new account with a different email to the one I used last year so that they don't see that I was previously rejected, or is this just a waste of time?
Just a waste of time applying with a new email address - most ATS are sophisticated enough to flag duplicate applicants based on your other information.

No reason to not apply again though if you feel your application will be stronger this year and if you are eligible for the programme.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.