Reed Smith Post SJT

ZaraB

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 13, 2020
People who've submitted their research answers, did you include your word count anywhere? Bit confused how they'll check if its a PDF!

Also, if we were sent the questions on a Monday and given a 5-day window, would the due date be Friday or Saturday?
Hi Victoria, I was sent my question on Monday too and I'm taking that to mean Saturday (at the exact time they were sent on Monday). I'm also not sure about whether to place the word count on the page either?
I'm taking it to mean the same thing, although I am aiming to submit on Friday evening. I am thinking of placing the word count in brackets after the question title within my PDF.

syw

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • May 29, 2019
    I'm taking it to mean the same thing, although I am aiming to submit on Friday evening. I am thinking of placing the word count in brackets after the question title within my PDF.
    I got sent it on Monday also, and will submit Saturday morning (the time they sent it on Monday for me)

• 🏆
    Reactions: ZaraB

Haz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 28, 2020
    Hi! I took mine today and got social adaptability, attention to detail and collaboration. Do you know when we are likely to hear back from them?
    It took about 2 weeks for me from the time I did the SJT to being sent the research questions. I'm not sure how they judge your SJT, but if it helps, I passed to the next stage and my 3 strengths were Attention to Detail, Collaboration and Social Adaptability too.:)

Reactions: AspiringLawyer112

syw

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • May 29, 2019
    Although the question is along the lines of 'would you challenge someone if they were doing a process incorrectly', am I correct in comparing this to, say an example, of a team mate not having a strategy/incorrectly strategising in relation to a challenge/task I was involved with?

Haz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 28, 2020
    Although the question is along the lines of 'would you challenge someone if they were doing a process incorrectly', am I correct in comparing this to, say an example, of a team mate not having a strategy/incorrectly strategising in relation to a challenge/task I was involved with?
    I think you want to include how you would potentially approach the situation, but then also show how you've utilised their core values in a past experience of challenging a colleague.

Reactions: syw

syw

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • May 29, 2019
    I think you want to include how you would potentially approach the situation, but then also show how you've utilised their core values in a past experience of challenging a colleague.
    I started by first discussing why I would feel confident challenging a colleagues process and when it would be most appropriate. I've then used an example to show what i learnt from that situation, and the impact of my involvement in changing our strategy. All touch on their core values e.g respect, teamwork etc

Reactions: Haz

AspiringLawyer112

Esteemed Member
    Jan 3, 2021
    It took about 2 weeks for me from the time I did the SJT to being sent the research questions. I'm not sure how they judge your SJT, but if it helps, I passed to the next stage and my 3 strengths were Attention to Detail, Collaboration and Social Adaptability too.:)

We have the same strengths! Fingers crossed I hear from them soon with good news! Good luck with your application, I really hope it goes well :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: Haz

NikkiT

Legendary Member
    Oct 2, 2020
    For anyone who is completing the commercial awareness questions how are you interpreting the word "incorrectly" in the following question:

3. Taking into account the firms core values and drawing on any examples you have from your experiences, would you feel confident enough to challenge your colleagues if they were carrying out a process incorrectly?

Victoria R

Distinguished Member
    Jul 17, 2020
    For anyone who is completing the commercial awareness questions how are you interpreting the word "incorrectly" in the following question:

3. Taking into account the firms core values and drawing on any examples you have from your experiences, would you feel confident enough to challenge your colleagues if they were carrying out a process incorrectly?

Just that they've made a mistake, or an error, somewhere in their process. Basically, how would you deal with noticing your colleagues have made a mistake.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.