Reed Smith Post SJT

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    I didn't receive this email - do you think it's worth following up with them?
    It was literally just the standard "Thank you for contacting the Reed Smith Graduate Recruitment Team. This mailbox is monitored from 9:30 am through 5:30 pm from Monday through to Friday etc..". If you didn't receive this it might be worth checking if it got through to them?

Victoria R

Distinguished Member
    Jul 17, 2020
    It was literally just the standard "Thank you for contacting the Reed Smith Graduate Recruitment Team. This mailbox is monitored from 9:30 am through 5:30 pm from Monday through to Friday etc..". If you didn't receive this it might be worth checking if it got through to them?

I see! I did get that email, thanks for clarifying :)

W

Legendary Member
    May 12, 2019
    Hey does anyone have any advice on how to phrase/answer this question:

Taking into account the firm's core values and drawing on any examples you have from your experiences, would you feel confident enough to challenge your colleagues if they were carrying out a process incorrectly?

NikkiT

Legendary Member
    Oct 2, 2020
    Does anyone know if after this stage, it’s straight to AC/interview or is there another stage?

Not sure as on the website it says that the next stage is usually a case study and strengths-based interview but because of Covid there may be an added telephone interview/online test.

W

Legendary Member
    May 12, 2019
    Not sure as on the website it says that the next stage is usually a case study and strengths-based interview but because of Covid there may be an added telephone interview/online test.
    Yeah, would be interesting to hear from those that applied in the last cycle. My estimates is that the next stage may be an online case study/interview.

Tamaranou

Dec 30, 2019
    Hey does anyone have any advice on how to phrase/answer this question:

Taking into account the firm's core values and drawing on any examples you have from your experiences, would you feel confident enough to challenge your colleagues if they were carrying out a process incorrectly?

I responded by stating Reed Smith’s core values, then I wrote about one experience where I challenged a colleague at work and linked that to some of the core values ( integrity, teamwork and respect). Then I wrote about another experience at university and linked that to the rest of RS’s values.

I don’t know if my application will be successful but I hope that helps!

syw

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • May 29, 2019
    I just received the following from GR ''We are still in the process of reviewing your research question answers - thank you for your patience.

Please note, if you are successful at the research question stage, the vacation scheme interviews will take place w/c 15th and 22nd February. So I am assuming we should hear back in the next 2/3 weeks.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.