Reed Smith Post SJT

W

Legendary Member
May 12, 2019
Does anyone know how much notice Reed Smith would give us if we got through to AC? Is it at least 2 weeks? 1 week?

They said if you are successful at the research question stage, the vacation scheme interviews will take place w/c 15th and 22nd February. So I assume it’s prob 1 - 2 weeks like you said given that we are approaching Feb very soon.

Matt_96

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    Ok ok, so I applied for RS's summer vac scheme, did the first set of questions and passed their SJT but I have heard absolutely nothing since then. Is this because they are still going through Spring vac scheme process? Should I be worried that I haven't even been sent the second set of questions? What are the second set of questions?

Kubed

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Ok ok, so I applied for RS's summer vac scheme, did the first set of questions and passed their SJT but I have heard absolutely nothing since then. Is this because they are still going through Spring vac scheme process? Should I be worried that I haven't even been sent the second set of questions? What are the second set of questions?
    There are no second set of questions - I applied for the Spring scheme and they sent an email to say they are still reviewing applications but interviews will take place w/c 15th and 22nd February. Not sure if it's the same for the summer scheme though.

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    There are no second set of questions - I applied for the Spring scheme and they sent an email to say they are still reviewing applications but interviews will take place w/c 15th and 22nd February. Not sure if it's the same for the summer scheme though.

Are you sure? I was under the impression that I was supposed to be sent a second set of more commercially focused questions. The only ones I have answered were about my hobbies. Nothing about the firm at all.

Zay

Star Member
    Oct 28, 2018
    Are you sure? I was under the impression that I was supposed to be sent a second set of more commercially focused questions. The only ones I have answered were about my hobbies. Nothing about the firm at all.
    You're right. There are a 'second set' of questions. Reed Smith refer to them as their Research Questions. I wouldn't worry because I know the firm are focusing on their Spring Vac Scheme recruitment at the moment

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    You're right. There are a 'second set' of questions. Reed Smith refer to them as their Research Questions. I wouldn't worry because I know the firm are focusing on their Spring Vac Scheme recruitment at the moment
    Cheers pal. Any idea what these questions are? I've seen the one that seems to be puzzling everyone on challenging group members above, but curious to know if there's any others.

Zay

Star Member
    Oct 28, 2018
    Cheers pal. Any idea what these questions are? I've seen the one that seems to be puzzling everyone on challenging group members above, but curious to know if there's any others.
    They're more like application questions that other firms would use in their initial application form. They're a mix of motivational, situational and more research/commercial awareness focused

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Matt_96

Kubed

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Oh apologies, I thought you meant a second set of research questions. So the research questions are focused on commercial awareness, motivation and then the challenging group members one you mention above.

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    They're more like application questions that other firms would use in their initial application form. They're a mix of motivational, situational and more research/commercial awareness focused

Oh fair that doesn't sound too bad. Thanks for the heads up. How long do you have to do them?

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 1, 2020
    I got an email from RS in early-mid Jan to say I had passed the first round and they would be sending me the research questions at the end of January, however I have not heard anything from them since. Anyone else in the same boat? I was thinking of emailing maybe early next week...

Reactions: bzheng and mia99

mia99

• Jan 5, 2021
    I got an email from RS in early-mid Jan to say I had passed the first round and they would be sending me the research questions at the end of January, however I have not heard anything from them since. Anyone else in the same boat? I was thinking of emailing maybe early next week...
    Same situation here! They've received a lot of applications though and I'm guessing they're focussing on spring vs right now. I'm gonna wait a week and then maybe email them :)

isst500

Standard Member
  • Feb 4, 2021
    Hi guys, I don't know if I'm asking this in the right place but does anyone know what date the summer vac schemes are taking place? I can only find vague info about it happening in June/July and nothing specific :/

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.