Reed Smith Post SJT

LEL

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 22, 2020
Hi guys, I don't know if I'm asking this in the right place but does anyone know what date the summer vac schemes are taking place? I can only find vague info about it happening in June/July and nothing specific :/
I don't actually think they've shown the date on their website, so guess we'll have to wait for an update

Reactions: isst500

Haz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 28, 2020
    Hi guys, I don't know if I'm asking this in the right place but does anyone know what date the summer vac schemes are taking place? I can only find vague info about it happening in June/July and nothing specific :/
    Hey! It was the same for the Spring VS, they only outlined the dates in the email inviting to AC. So I doubt anyone knows the dates for summer VS until they hand AC invites out! I'm sure you could always email Grad Recruitment though :)

• ℹ️
    Reactions: isst500

mia99

• Jan 5, 2021
    Hi guys!
    I am trying to answer Reed Smith's research questions and I am a bit confused about the second one which states, ‘What current issues do you think have an impact on the legal profession? What impact do they have and why?‘. Am I suppose to discuss multiple issues? I feel like my answer would then be too superficial. Has any of you discussed only one (or max two) issue?

Reactions: Daisy302

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    Hi guys!
    I am trying to answer Reed Smith's research questions and I am a bit confused about the second one which states, ‘What current issues do you think have an impact on the legal profession? What impact do they have and why?‘. Am I suppose to discuss multiple issues? I feel like my answer would then be too superficial. Has any of you discussed only one (or max two) issue?
    I have yet to even be sent any of the research questions but if I were you, I would pay attention to the fact that the question specifies 'issues' rather than 'issue'. Just talking about one issue may not therefore be answering the question and could lead you to lose out.

cogito ergo sum

Star Member
  • Nov 2, 2018
    Hi guys!
    I discussed only one issue and was invited to interview. Hope that helps ;)

Haz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 28, 2020
    Hi guys!
    As @cogito ergo sum said above, saying 1 can definitely be okay as for certain topics there is so much to discuss and so many different angles to take. I got an AC doing 2 so clearly there is no preference. Just make sure you're considering 'the legal profession' as a whole :)

ofm

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 14, 2021
    Hi everyone!

For the first question (current issues affecting legal profession), would you recommend going into how the issues affect Reed Smith specifically as well as the legal profession as a whole?

Also, has what "within 5 days" means been determined? If I got the questions on Tuesday at 2:30pm, does that mean I have until Sunday at 2:30pm?

Thank you so much!!!

LEL

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 22, 2020
    Hi everyone!

For the first question (current issues affecting legal profession), would you recommend going into how the issues affect Reed Smith specifically as well as the legal profession as a whole?

Also, has what "within 5 days" means been determined? If I got the questions on Tuesday at 2:30pm, does that mean I have until Sunday at 2:30pm?

Thank you so much!!!
    No I'm just going with the sector as a whole. I think referring to the firm is most relevant to the last question about their values. Not sure about the deadline, but many firms count the day they sent it on itself, so I'm going with Friday just to be safe :)

ofm

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 14, 2021
    No I'm just going with the sector as a whole. I think referring to the firm is most relevant to the last question about their values. Not sure about the deadline, but many firms count the day they sent it on itself, so I'm going with Friday just to be safe :)

Thank you so much!!

Haz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 28, 2020
    Hi everyone!

Thank you so much!!!
    Yes Sunday 2:30

Reactions: ofm

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.