Remote/ultra short term paralegal/legal opportunities

taylorkelce

Star Member
Premium Member
Jul 20, 2023
Hi all, new user here. Thanks for all the answers and resources.

I was wondering: What is the best way is to get legal opportunities while applying and waiting for decisions?

I don't want to commit full time to a role so that I can fully dedicate myself to research, insight days, vac schemes etc until I get a TC.

Of course, I want to keep using my legal skills to show commitment.

I've heard Flex Legal mentioned a few times. How do they operate?

Are there any other places I should look at or ask for work?

Thanks.

LlamaLaw

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Sep 17, 2021
Places like Total Jobs have quite a few advertised, otherwise I think people use recruitment agents.

I tried with Flex Legal and no work came my way. You have a brief application process including a very short interview, and a platform that provides job opportunities but after I was onboarded heard nothing else.

Reactions: laurabeaumont

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Non full-time roles will be difficult - most roles will be full-time.

There will be interim opportunities though - there will sometimes be short-term projects at maybe a few weeks at a time. You may want to look for "document review" roles on job boards/LinkedIn/Law Gazette Jobs etc.

You may also want to look for jobs that pay by the hour rather than advertised on an annual salary as these are likely to be short-term placements determined by weeks rather than many months.

Reactions: laurabeaumont

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.