Rolling Deadlines Pressure

Esporia

• Sep 9, 2021
    I'm really eager to apply to some vacation schemes and a few firms I wanted to apply to have opened. However, I have some valuable legal work experience in 2 weeks, and begin my VC role in a society in late September when term starts. Because of the work experience sections, and questions involving "positions of responsibility" I want to wait until late September to apply so I can include these experiences. However, on the other hand, the rolling deadlines are stressing me out, as they may have few places or have outright closed by start of October. What should I do?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I'm really eager to apply to some vacation schemes and a few firms I wanted to apply to have opened. However, I have some valuable legal work experience in 2 weeks, and begin my VC role in a society in late September when term starts. Because of the work experience sections, and questions involving "positions of responsibility" I want to wait until late September to apply so I can include these experiences. However, on the other hand, the rolling deadlines are stressing me out, as they may have few places or have outright closed by start of October. What should I do?
    There is really no need to apply as soon as applications open. My general rule is if you apply in the first two thirds of an application window, you’ll be fine waiting.

I’d be really surprised if many firms close by early October unless it is for a winter scheme, but even then they tend to close late October/early October as they do lots of events in October that drive applications to their schemes.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.