Taylor Wessing Open Day Application

joseph miller

Sep 13, 2019
Hi All,

Currently attempting to answer the Taylor Wessing open day application which is:

At Taylor Wessing, we're a law firm for the game changers, the smart thinkers, the ground breakers and the trailblazers. What do you want to achieve and learn by attending this event?

I'm having an internal debate whether to address this as a cover letter (write a paragraph or two about the firm, culture, work e.t.c. to demonstrate my knowledge of the firm) and then address what i want out of the day, or just jump straight into the latter. There's no word limit. Any thoughts?

Many thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi All,

Currently attempting to answer the Taylor Wessing open day application which is:

At Taylor Wessing, we're a law firm for the game changers, the smart thinkers, the ground breakers and the trailblazers. What do you want to achieve and learn by attending this event?

I'm having an internal debate whether to address this as a cover letter (write a paragraph or two about the firm, culture, work e.t.c. to demonstrate my knowledge of the firm) and then address what i want out of the day, or just jump straight into the latter. There's no word limit. Any thoughts?

Many thanks!

I’d just jump to the latter - there’s little point telling them things they already know.

You can weave in what really stood out to you about the firm that triggered the application, or what you’d like to learn more about having read about it though - both of those things will show research without spending two paragraphs talking about it (which seems excessive).

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.