TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JadeWadey01

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 9, 2022
Does anyone know how you would answer the question of dealing with a difficult person? What kind of situation is appropriate to use?
Situations at work can be usable as long as you're careful with your language. I spoke about a phone call one I had at a pharmacy and how the person on the other end was stressed and quite impatient.

Any situation is useable as long as you use respectful language when referring to the difficult person and why they were difficult (and as long as you reacted to this in a respectful manner.)

Reactions: rollss

rollss

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2022
Situations at work can be usable as long as you're careful with your language. I spoke about a phone call one I had at a pharmacy and how the person on the other end was stressed and quite impatient.

Any situation is useable as long as you use respectful language when referring to the difficult person and why they were difficult (and as long as you reacted to this in a respectful manner.)
Thank you so much !!

Reactions: JadeWadey01

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hey @Jessica Booker or others who may know the answer. I’m an Australian citizen thinking of moving to the UK under the youth mobility visa that is between Australia and UK (as I understand this visa allows Australians to work for three years in the UK). Do you know if this visa allows us to work in UK law firms based on your experience (asking as an application asks if we would require sponsorship)? Many thanks
The visa is only two years rather than three. You could technically work on that visa but it’s likely that it would expire before your TC finishes.

Scandi

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 28, 2021
    Hey guys.

Absolutely surreal to write this. But I just secured a training contract with one of my favourite international law firms in London! 🥳 🤩

Thank you, TCLA community, for contributing to achieving this. It has sometimes been daunting as an international student to try to enter the legal market. But 'pesistence is key' as my professor said once. If you're reading this - do NOT give up. All you need is ONE yes. And all your experiences build up to receiving that one offer.

PS, feel free to DM me for any application stage tips - I'd be happy to help when I can!

Scandi

Last edited:

JadeWadey01

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 9, 2022
    Hey guys.

Absolutely surreal to write this. But I just secured a training contract with one of my favourite international law firms in London! 🥳 🤩

Thank you, TCLA community, for contributing to achieving this. It has sometimes been daunting as an international student to try to enter the legal market. But 'pesistence is key' as my professor said once. If you're reading this - do NOT give up. All you need is ONE yes. And all your experiences build up to receiving that one offer.

Scandi
    Congratulations!!! 🥳🎊🥂🎉

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021
    Hey guys.

Scandi

so well deserved! proud of you buddy!

Bradley Draper

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 11, 2020
    Hey guys.

Scandi
    An amazing achievement, congrats!!!

rollss

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 20, 2022
    sorry if this is a silly question but is it ok to have planned answers to questions and look at them briefly during an interview? (so not reading off them but it would be obvious that your eyes are flicking to something else)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.