TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

lellie23

Jan 15, 2021
For the Dentons question about overcoming a challenge, does my example need to include an unexpected obstacle or hurdle? Would it be enough to simply explain specifically why achieving a certain goal was difficult/challenging for me? I'm unsure whether to go down the route of dealing with a problem or achieving a goal.

SCN

Distinguished Member
Feb 20, 2020
For the Dentons question about overcoming a challenge, does my example need to include an unexpected obstacle or hurdle? Would it be enough to simply explain specifically why achieving a certain goal was difficult/challenging for me? I'm unsure whether to go down the route of dealing with a problem or achieving a goal.
You could combine the two and talk about achieving a goal and the obstacles/problems you faced whilst achieving that goal

chewroxanne

Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 18, 2020
Hi! Does anyone know if we're allowed to reapply again to Hogan Lovells in June / July if we're unsuccessful post-application in January?

I don't want to submit an application now if I could submit it in June/July when my application could potentially be stronger then (but wouldn't mind just submitting one now if I could just reapply)

J18

Jan 22, 2022
Hi, I'm new here!

I saw a few posts above about the 2022 March Browne Jacobson TC. I got an email on the 20th (Thursday) inviting me to book a telephone interview on Monday/Tuesday. But that wasn't for Manchester office, so I hope you get the telephone invitation very soon too! So glad to finally have some progression after countless generic rejections at the first stage.

Reactions: damiawo and Rob93

damiawo

Mar 24, 2021
Hi, I'm new here!

I saw a few posts above about the 2022 March Browne Jacobson TC. I got an email on the 20th (Thursday) inviting me to book a telephone interview on Monday/Tuesday. But that wasn't for Manchester office, so I hope you get the telephone invitation very soon too! So glad to finally have some progression after countless generic rejections at the first stage.
Thank you, that's so reassuring. What office did you apply for if you don't mind me asking?

J18

Jan 22, 2022
Thank you, that's so reassuring. What office did you apply for if you don't mind me asking?
Exeter.

I'm based in the South-West, and it's the only office that's at all commutable from where I live now. Otherwise, given the AC days would be on 4th, 7th, 10th February (from what they've told me), and then any final decision being made, there would hardly be any time to move my whole life to another city in time for the March start date!

It's only meant to be a 15 minute phone call, so hoping that I can hold it together and not mess up!

Good luck again to you with your application!