TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vacationschemeapps

Esteemed Member
Jul 23, 2020
Sorry for the questions - I just think it impacts the advice given. Have you done core law modules (eg contract/tort) but are just missing some that making it a QLD or is it something like a Scottish law degree? Just trying to work out what modules you have studied and how much overlap there would be with the GDL.
No worries at all! And yes I have done core law modules like contract, tort, property. I finished my undergrad in India (don't think foreign law degrees are QLD tho)

UnTCSilVousPlait

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 4, 2021
    Just wondering if you can apply for the NRF TC as a penultimate year law student? The website says that you can but the application form states finalists and graduates. The information is conflicting.

Mae East

Premium Member
    Feb 12, 2022
    Reactions: AvniD

NB1999

Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 25, 2021
    Hi @NataliaBetcher I heard from them on June 14 for WG, giving me a 2 day window to complete the assessment. I hope it helps.
    Hey, thank you so much for your reply! I haven't heard anything at all which makes me think I perhaps have not been successful this time. My application still says ' In Progress' on the dashboard though, so I'm not too sure what to think.

m2001

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 24, 2021
    Does anyone know if you can apply for Freshfields direct TC after being rejected for summer VS application (so applied in December)? Their website states they do not allow two applications within the same academic year but I was unsure now its summer whether that is considered the same?

I have emailed but had no response.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Does anyone know if you can apply for Freshfields direct TC after being rejected for summer VS application (so applied in December)? Their website states they do not allow two applications within the same academic year but I was unsure now its summer whether that is considered the same?

I would expect it to not be a new academic year until September unfortunately (once the new academic year starts).

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021

Unfortunately, your SVS application does still count as an application in the current academic year so you won’t be eligible to apply for the Training Contract during our current application window. We definitely encourage you to apply in our Winter Application window, it opens in October this year.

Mine wasn't necessarily a rejection though, I was ineligible for the summer vacation scheme, I just didn't know this. So asked if I could apply for TC as I hadnt been rejected as such. So I would assume it would be the same for you if you had been rejected.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Adrian_S

m2001

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 24, 2021
    Unfortunately, your SVS application does still count as an application in the current academic year so you won’t be eligible to apply for the Training Contract during our current application window. We definitely encourage you to apply in our Winter Application window, it opens in October this year.

Mine wasn't necessarily a rejection though, I was ineligible for the summer vacation scheme, I just didn't know this. So asked if I could apply for TC as I hadnt been rejected as such. So I would assume it would be the same for you if you had been rejected.
    Great, thank you for clarifying this - is the winter application window for 2024 TCs or 2025?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.